Alto is a modern, digital pharmacy that’s changing the way people access and manage their prescriptions with a tech-focused, patient-centric, online pharmacy. Alto offers same day courier delivery, cost transparency, personalized mobile support, and real-time coordination with doctors and insurance companies. Our mission is to fulfill medicine’s true purpose - to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it.
We’re doubling down on building this patient-centric experience and we’re looking for several UX Researchers to join us at our headquarters in San Francisco. As a researcher at Alto, there is plenty of opportunity for your work to drive impact across the breadth of our products -- from our patient and provider apps to our home grown pharmacy management system, Wunderbar. The insights that you and the broader team uncover will inform the collective understanding within the company of our user’s behaviors and attitudes, helping us add value to their experience.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to establish our research best practices and implement ongoing foundational research. You’ll conduct generative research to explore new opportunities, test concepts as they are being developed, and evaluate products once they’ve rolled out. You’ll partner closely with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to identify research opportunities where you’ll drive the planning and execution of research plans. Further, you’ll use qualitative and quantitative tools such as ethnographic/field research, diary studies, surveys, usability testing, and data analysis to uncover the meaningful insights that will help Alto provide patients the treatment they deserve.
Responsibilities of an Alto UX Researcher:
- Translate product and design goals into research questions and plans
- Conduct studies across essential product areas, using qualitative and quantitative methods such as ethnographic/field research, diary studies, surveys, user/usability testing, (remote and in-person), working with data, and any other methods you find impactful.
- Review, analyze, and communicate strategic insights, and applicable recommendations which guide product decisions and design improvements for users.
- Help cultivate an informed team by advocating for the user with presentations and creative activities.
- Align product with both user and business goals.
You’re an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience with Product organizations, using a variety of research methods, including usability/user testing, surveys, and user interviews.
- Have experience working with mobile apps and platforms
- Have a BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, or a related field. Or equivalent practical experience in design thinking, psychology, and human-computer interaction.
- Understand industry best practices, and know how to tailor research methods to Alto user needs.
- Educate stakeholders on UX Research methods and meaning.
- Experience leading projects and speaking up when support and guidance are needed.
- An interest in the pharmacy / healthcare industries.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills