We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 600 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
We are looking for a data engineer to be a key member of our quickly growing team. Our analytics team is responsible for using detailed analyses to guide product strategy and for enabling teams across Alto to answer key business questions. As one of the first data engineers at Alto, you will design and build the systems we need to support high-quality, data-driven decisions.
We’ve taken the first step in building out our analytics platform by instrumenting several of our core workflows, and we’re looking for someone to help us take the next step in defining the future systems that will be needed to support and scale analytics.
Example projects of an Alto data engineer include:
- Instrumenting one of our operational processes like prescription refill requests so that we can better understand if patients needing refills are successfully getting those medications or if there are problems in the process we can tackle to make sure they do.
- Building out a data integration for our phone system so we can better understand the business metrics for our outbound and inbound patient calls.
- Deciding what data stores we need to store various types of analytics, and how we will enable teams across Alto to work with that data.
- Build the instrumentation, data integrations, and tools that will allow our analytics team to answer key business questions accurately and efficiently.
- Design and implement the infrastructure and data models that will allow our analytics systems to scale
- Collaborate with engineers and analysts to develop the technical strategy for our analytics and reporting systems
- Work cross-functionally with product, operations, and growth teams to support data analysis across all business functions
- Contribute to defining our team and company data culture through peer collaboration, coaching, and input into the team processes we adopt as we grow the analytics team together
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience in a data engineering role
- Are familiar with one or more backend programming languages, particularly Ruby, Go, or Python
- Are proficient in SQL
- Are passionate about solving real user problems with data-driven solutions
- Care deeply about helping teammates across the organization have the ability to answer key business questions
- It’s a plus if you have experience implementing a data warehousing system, but not required
About Our Benefits:
We believe that a happy mind and body make a happy and successful employee, so we're pleased to offer solutions that keep your mind and body refreshed and healthy. Our employees have access to comprehensive medical, dental, and vision care packages, on-demand counseling services with Ginger, on-site meditation and mindfulness classes, and discounted gym memberships.
Peace of mind allows our employees to focus on what matters in life! That's why we think it's important to ensure your home, family and funds are protected. Alto Pharmacy offers benefits like group life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance, not to mention a health savings account, flexible spending account options, commuter benefits and more.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.