We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
The General Manager position will be one of the most challenging and impactful roles at Alto as we scale from 2 markets to over 50 locations over the next 36 months. The General Manager will be responsible for growing the adoption of Alto among providers and patients, delivering excellent service, and building a profitable business. You will hire a world class team, work in tandem with sales, marketing, product and operations to guiding new market growth strategy, including the selection, sequencing and investment of therapeutic areas and to inform Alto’s broader expansion efforts.
If you have an entrepreneurial mindset, are known as a jack of all trades and a charismatic leader, and hungry to hit ambitious growth targets, we want to hear from you.
- Deliver a world class pharmacy experience for patients and providers, making Alto the leader in online pharmacy.
- Develop a deep understanding of your market and communicate actionable insights that inform our launch and go-to-market decisions and subsequent growth. You will spend time speaking to providers, patients, manufacturers, and potential partners, and analyze data to validate your hypotheses.
- Partner with the Pharmacist in Charge to build and manage a world class team with individuals focused on business development, sales, marketing, operations, and healthcare.
- Manage the P&L for one of Alto’s newest markets
- Collaborate with senior leadership in setting strategies and OKRs for your team and drive on the ground sales and marketing initiatives
- Manage key performance indicators on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis and dig into root causes to understand and address emerging trends
- Be an internal champion for your market with cross-functional teams and communicate product/fulfillment/operation needs to HQ.
- Work with community, local manufacturers, health plans and community events to drive awareness of Alto
- Help scale other cities through developing and sharing best practice
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- 10-15 years work experience in operations, management, professional services or other related fields
- An instinct for getting stuff done, with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and do “whatever it takes”
- Analytical and data driven decision making mentality
- A strong people leader with the ability to motivate and inspire cross-functional teams and a proven track record of managing high performance teams
- Excellent team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working cross-functionally to make your city successful
- Out-of-the-box thinker who will find creative ways to hit growth targets
- Ability to thrive in a remote market, leading a small local team, in an autonomous way
- Insane curiosity about the differences between markets and how to build a successful business for Alto in each
- B.A/B.S, MBA preferred; healthcare experience a plus
- A passion for Alto’s mission and values!