Alto is a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage and fill their prescriptions with a tech-driven, patient-centric, online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions. More importantly, Alto offers cost transparency, personalized mobile support, and real-time coordination with doctors and insurance companies. Our mission is to fulfill medicine’s true purpose - to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it.
We recently raised our Series C, surpassed 200 employees across four locations, and are on track to achieve $1B ARR by the end of 2020. Start-up tracker, CB Insights, recently listed Alto as one of the top 50 private companies around the world on a path to a $1 billion valuation. Alto is also featured in The New York Times (2/19) article “These 50 Start-Ups Maybe the Next “Unicorns’.“
As one of Alto’s first Product Managers, this is a unique opportunity to shape the culture and processes for our growing team who come from a variety of companies such as Facebook, Apple, Amazon, 23andme, Intuit, Tesla, and Optimizely to name a few. As a Product Manager at Alto, you will build products to maximize positive impact on patient outcomes, grow Alto’s business, and ultimately set a new bar for a world-class patient experience in healthcare.
In your 1st month, you will have the opportunity to deep dive into our business, products, and operations. You will gain an understanding of the tools and processes we use to serve patients by shadowing all the pieces of the experience, from patient intake to billing to delivering orders. In your 2nd month, you will research, define requirements, and scope your first project. By the 3rd month, you will be fully integrated with the team and processes, and contributing if not leading the execution of one project.
Responsibilities of Alto’s Product Manager:
- Deeply understand users’ pain points (e.g. patients, providers, care specialists) and Alto’s business goals, in order to prioritize product investments to drive highest impact. This includes conducting user research, competitive analysis, and soliciting product feedback.
- Defining the product strategy and roadmap, and gathering requirements for your respective product area. This includes developing product proposals and specifications for engineering, design, operations, clinical teams.
- Collaborating closely with a cross-functional team of leadership, engineering, design, clinical and operations experts to build world-class products. This includes working with both internal and external partners to ensure alignment of goals, transparent communication, and identifying critical dependencies and risks.
- Leading project teams from concept to execution to launch--and make the time for follow-up. This includes defining the project scope/hypothesis, goal and metrics, timeline, and leading the impact analysis to inform future product improvements and investments.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Are deeply passionate about solving real user problems with creative and delightful solutions
- Love breaking down complex problems, thinking strategically, and making data-driven decisions
- Drive results through impeccable organization and ruthless prioritization
- Enjoy collaborating and influencing across different cross-functional teams
- Thrive in a dynamic fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. You're unafraid to dive into an unfamiliar problem but humble enough to make mistakes and iterate
- Believe in Alto’s mission and embody our company values
Required prior experience
- 3-5+ years experience as a product manager or senior product manager. Prior experience working on products for consumers is preferred.
- Proven track record of successful product launches, distilling complex requirements into simple workflows
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical team members up to and including the executive-level
Nice to have prior experience
- Technical background, MBA or equivalent work experience
- Startup and entrepreneurial experience
- Experience building products in the area of healthcare, health, or e-commerce
Want more insight into what motivates us to save patient lives? Learn about our key values here: https://www.keyvalues.com/alto
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.