Alto is a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage and fill their prescriptions with its tech-driven, patient-centric, online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery for prescriptions, seven days a week. More importantly, Alto offers price transparency, personalized mobile support, and real-time coordination with doctors and insurance companies. Our mission is to fulfill medicine’s true purpose - to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it.
We focus solely on patients' healthcare needs, and we are changing the pharmacy landscape.
We are a Series C startup with over $74M in funding and a current run rate of over $120M (4x a year ago), projected to break $300M by the end of 2019. Start-up tracker, CB Insights, recently listed Alto as one of the top 50 private companies around the world on a path to a $1 billion valuation. Alto is also featured in The New York Times (2/19) article “These 50 Start-Ups May Be the Next “Unicorns"".
We are looking for a data engineer to be a key member of our quickly growing team. Our analytics team is responsible for using detailed analyses to guide product strategy and for enabling teams across Alto to answer key business questions. As the first data engineer at Alto, you will design and build the systems we need to support high-quality, data-driven decisions.
We’ve taken the first step in building out our analytics platform by instrumenting several of our core workflows, and we’re looking for someone to help us take the next step in defining the future systems that will be needed to support and scale analytics.
Example projects of an Alto data engineer include:
- Instrumenting one of our operational processes like prescription refill requests so that we can better understand if patients needing refills are successfully getting those medications or if there are problems in the process we can tackle to make sure they do.
- Building out a data integration for our phone system so we can better understand the business metrics for our outbound and inbound patient calls.
- Deciding what data stores we need to store various types of analytics, and how we will enable teams across Alto to work with that data.
- Build the instrumentation, data integrations, and tools that will allow our analytics team to answer key business questions accurately and efficiently.
- Design and implement the infrastructure and data models that will allow our analytics systems to scale
- Collaborate with engineers and analysts to develop the technical strategy for our analytics and reporting systems
- Work cross-functionally with product, operations, and growth teams to support data analysis across all business functions
- Contribute to defining our team and company data culture through peer collaboration, coaching, and input into the team processes we adopt as we grow the analytics team together
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience in a data engineering role
- Are familiar with one or more backend programming languages, particularly Ruby, Go, or Python
- Are proficient in SQL
- Are passionate about solving real user problems with data-driven solutions
- Care deeply about helping teammates across the organization have the ability to answer key business questions
- It’s a plus if you have experience implementing a data warehousing system, but not required
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.