We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
As a Care Team Lead at Alto Pharmacy, you are passionate about our mission and have the desire to shape the future of pharmacy. You thrive in ambiguity and see this opportunity to help build our office from scratch energizing. You are excited to help problem solve the nuances of a new office and develop the culture of this new site. You are able to pull up to a birds eye view to see patterns and issues to make solutions. You are an inspiring and organized manager that truly values the impact Alto’s work makes on our patients. You always put the patient first. You are scrappy and resourceful, and view mistakes as an opportunity to go above and beyond.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Regularly monitor and evaluate staff performance, provide recognition and/or learning or coaching opportunities, and take corrective action, if necessary.
- Aid human resources department in recruitment process by interviewing potential hires and outlining clear job expectations
- Conduct annual staff performance reviews
- Review and approve employee time sheets
- Manage time off requests
- Initiate onboarding or offboarding processes
- Report out on daily KPIs
- Collaborate with WFM to create shift schedules and distribute all necessary tasks/duties during each shift in a fair and effective manner
- As necessary, adjust daily or weekly shifts and task assignments to ensure adequate performance (in the event of unexpected absences, tardiness, meetings and/or based on incoming workload volume)
- Monitor team members and queues throughout operating hours, ensure all duties and tasks are being performed efficiently and effectively
- Support front lines during peak hours and/or when inadequately staffed (work in the queues yourself to fill key gaps, help unblock the most challenging issues)
- Answer questions from personnel, resolve escalated patient/provider issues, and approve exceptions to policy (price overrides, refunds, credits, etc.), as appropriate
- Assist with process improvement by identifying operational issues, suggesting potential solutions, supporting implementation
- Provide basic triage and troubleshooting support for team-related tools including contact center and connectivity support.
- As needed, escalate issues to tool vendors for appropriate support and resolution
- Participate in discussions pertaining to department goals, progress, and any issues in need of resolution
- Perpetuate company philosophy and culture
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members
- Take on other tasks or projects to support employees, other managers, and Care operations as necessary
- Work closely with WFM, and HR to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation
- Knowledge of the functions, operation, and mission of the Care department
- Coaching and leadership skills, ability to motivate employees
- Conflict management/resolution
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to make decisions quickly and confidently based on company policies and practices
- Stress tolerance
- Data entry/reporting
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.