We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
As an Engineering Manager at Alto, your role is to support your team and enable them to do their best work. You will nurture, grow and develop the team, as well as cultivate cross-collaboration with Product Management, Design, and Operations. You will ensure they have the bandwidth to accomplish ambitious goals without compromising quality or sanity.
For your first 1-2 months, you’ll familiarize yourself with our tech stack, engineering processes, and codebase to learn how everything connects together. You will ship small features to Alto’s products and be “on the ground” to understand the challenges and skills needed to be successful as an Alto Engineer. You’ll also shadow our Pharmacy Operations, Patient Care, and Fulfillment Teams to understand Alto from every perspective. At the end of this time, you will have shown strong technical judgment on several projects, fostered cross-team collaboration, and brought your unique experience to Alto with thoughtfulness. These initial weeks familiarize you with Alto holistically and earn you credibility as a leader with your colleagues.
Responsibilities of an Alto Engineering Manager:
- Develops and empowers your team through consistent and honest feedback (we love radical candor), career planning, and performance reviews. You are a mentor and coach!
- Partner closely with Recruiting to expand the team - collaborating on hiring strategies, sourcing candidates, interviewing, closing, and onboarding new employees. You care about the candidate experience and diversity & inclusion when hiring.
- Run weekly 1:1s and team meetings, mentor engineers, and conduct code reviews.
- Contribute to Alto’s product and technical roadmaps.
- Work with other leadership to develop new initiatives and improve existing processes across the entire engineering team.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 4+ years of industry experience writing production code.
- Have 3+ years of engineering management experience with a strong record of shipping.
- Use product intuition grounded in data and analytics to contribute to product decisions, and can work with product engineers, product managers, and designers to effectively deliver them.
- Have successfully recruited engineers, on your own and with a recruiting team
- Understand industry best practices and tradeoffs and when to apply them
- Believe in Alto’s mission and embodies our company values
About Our Benefits:
We believe that a happy mind and body make a happy and successful employee, so we're pleased to offer solutions that keep your mind and body refreshed and healthy. Our employees have access to comprehensive medical, dental, and vision care packages, on-demand counseling services with Ginger, on-site meditation and mindfulness classes, and discounted gym memberships.
Peace of mind allows our employees to focus on what matters in life! That's why we think it's important to ensure your home, family and funds are protected. Alto Pharmacy offers benefits like group life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance, not to mention a health savings account, flexible spending account options, commuter benefits and more.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.