Altisource is seeking an Underwriter to join our exciting and rapidly-growing Underwriting Team to help take us to the next level of awesome. We are a leader in providing end-to-end services and technology to the mortgage and real estate industries. With innovation as a guiding principle and a focus on compliance and exceptional service, Altisource’s solutions solve complex business problems within the mortgage originations and servicing fields and provide innovative online real estate platforms for both consumers and investors.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- Frontline underwriting of mortgage loans (retail, wholesale, jumbo, correspondent) on both a delegated and non-delegated basis
- Effectively and quickly communicate any areas of concern with a loan file to Client Relationship Managers and be available to discuss with Originator, as necessary
- Interpret credit policy guidelines and investor guidelines and apply them to specific loans for effective sale in the secondary market
- Perform required analysis of property appraisal to ensure subject properties meet the company’s appraisal criteria
- Maintain a working knowledge of all current underwriting guidelines, federal and state lending laws and have the ability to comprehensively explain all to others within and outside the organization
WHAT ABOUT YOU? You have...
- Experience in frontline underwriting on retail, wholesale, and/or jumbo loans withing the last 6 months is required
- Excellent working knowledge of DU/LP/AUS, FHA Connection and Total Scorecard
- Must be able to work on site at our El Paso, Texas location - this is not a remote opportunity
PERKS OF WORKING AT ALTISOURCE
- Competitive base salaries!
- 401k plans with company match – we want to empower you to further your career, and prepare for retirement!
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Tax-free Flexible Spending Account
- Life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability
- Paid holidays, plus 19 days of accrued PTO for a total of 28 paid days off per year!
- Free snacks, drinks and coffee!
- Plenty of employee engagement activities including sporting events, happy hours, and other fun team-building activities
- Opportunities to join our community service initiatives, including Habitat for Humanity
- Employee Discounts on movie tickets, Verizon cell service, Microsoft products, and more!
Are you up to the challenge? Apply today!
Got a question? Contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
At Altisource we value diversity, and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.