ARE YOU READY TO WORK AT ALTISOURCE?
- Do you have passion for learning new technologies and solving problems?
- Are you ready for a critical role in Data Apps team, a team of talented and enthusiastic members?
- Are you ready to work for a successful, growing and proven company where ownership, accountability and performance are rewarded?
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer, reporting directly to our Senior Manager, Product Development.
If you are up for the challenge, keep reading!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Participate in Design and Development of new features in the product.
- Must be able to analyze business issues and technical problems independently, and come up with smart, logical solutions.
- Should have Strong problem solving capability.
- Design and develop enterprise class applications using Java/J2EE, XML/JSON and Database related technologies. Be able to contribute as strong hands-on technical member in project development activities.
- Participate in Product releases through requirement reviews, development, deployment, setting up environments; documenting release notes and technical details regarding functionality and configuration.
- Responsible for Quality of the code. Review test plans with QA & drive the code reviews within the team.
- Should be able to execute assigned tasks in a timely & efficient manner.
- Develop strong expertise in at least one more modules within the product.
- Effectively communicate status, metrics and issues on a regular basis.
- Mentor junior engineers and guide them with their assignments.
THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU BRING:
- Masters / Bachelor degree in Engineering from reputed colleges.
- Requires 6-9 years commercial application development experience utilizing J2EE.
- Java/J2EE certifications is desired.
- Proven track record of successfully mentoring couple of junior engineers as part of team.
- Having participated in product building or having work experience in a startup company is of added advantage.
- Strong hands-on experience with one or many J2EE application/web servers (Apache/JBoss/Tomcat/WebLogic) including configuration, deploying and debugging.
- Strong hands-on experience in coding and debugging J2EE applications.
- Key requirement is an ability to quickly learn and stay current with new technologies.
- Strong hands on experience on writing complex SQL queries(Oracle/MySQL)
- Strong hands on experience on Spring Framework.
- Strong hands on experience on REST Services
- Strong hands on experience on JPA
- Good exposure to Data Structures and algorithms
- Working knowledge on the Design patterns.
- Good exposure to unit testing using JUnit Framework
- Ability to work in a high-paced dynamic environment with broad level requirements, deadlines, pressures etc.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Solaris environments
- Working knowledge on the tuning of the SQL Queries
- Must have experience with Version Control systems preferably GIT
- Need to have excellent team orientation skills. Good Communication Skills required.
- Highly motivated, a Go-Getter who needs no supervision.
- Understanding of the large scale server side deployment architecture. Exposure to server clusters and scalability issues is a plus.
- Prior experience being part of a product development team is a big plus.
- Exposure to performance tuning & resolving production issues in previous engagements is a plus
- Exposure to working on high volume data driven applications will be a plus.
- Must be familiar with configuration management and build/release planning & management (ANT/Maven etc)
- Experience in AngularJS UI framework will be a plus.
- Experience in Mongo Database will be a plus.
- Experience in R-Programming will be a plus.
- Should be able to elaborate and show mastery on the technologies that have been mentioned in the resume against project completed in their current/previous roles of other organizations.
- Should have ability to understand the use case of Open Source and how to adapt them with their pros and cons. Establishing a use case of open source for a specific need in earlier project is a big plus.
- Working knowledge on any cloud platform will be a plus.
- Working knowledge on any Big data technologies like Hadoop will be a plus
- Working knowledge on any reporting framework will be a plus.
- Working knowledge on any ETL tools will be a plus.
WORKING AT ALTISOURCE ADVANTAGES
- Competitive salary based on your experience and skills – we believe the top talent deserves the top rupee
- Comprehensive insurance plans like Medical, Personal Accident Benefit and Life Insurance
- Wellness Programs (examples include eye examination, diabetes checkup camp, hemoglobin check and health talks)
- 10 paid holidays, plus 26 paid days off per year
- Lots of employee engagement activities both offsite (examples include family cricket/football games, annual company celebrations and happy hours) and onsite (examples include office stress buster events, holiday parties, and quarterly Living our Values celebrations)
- Opportunities to join our community service initiatives, including Habitat for Humanity
Are you up to the challenge? What are you waiting for? Apply today!
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us at Careers@altisource.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.