What Is Alterome?
Alterome Therapeutics is a privately held, precision oncology biotechnology company developing a portfolio of alteration-specific therapeutics to address high-value and validated oncogenic drivers. Alterome was founded in December 2021 with a $64M Series A from OrbiMed, Vida Ventures, Nextech Invest, and Boxer Capital. The company raised an additional $35M that closed in November 2022 adding Colt Ventures to the syndicate, bringing the total funds raised to nearly $100M. The company is led by an expert team of precision oncology R&D leaders with a history of developing marketed oncology small molecule drugs.
Our vision unites us; we relentlessly push the boundaries of cancer treatments to transform the lives of patients, one alteration at a time. Thus, we seek the best people to join our special movement and invest the resources they need to grow, develop, and accomplish our collective goals.
Alterome is located in San Diego, CA.
Who Are Alterome Employees?
Although we share varied backgrounds and come with expertise in different areas, we aim to inspire hope for those affected by cancer. We have a passion for what we do and truly enjoy working with each other. In fact, many of us have worked together in multiple companies and there is a genuine camaraderie among the group. We would love to bring new faces to the team, and that’s where you come in! Alterome Employees are creating a Movement. We are open-minded individuals who “get it done” individually to accomplish our collective mission…together, we will elevate the standards for the next generation of targeted therapies.
Our people make the difference! If you share our vision to transform the lives of cancer patients, join our Movement.
Alterome is currently seeking…
A Vice President of Nonclinical Research who will play a fundamental role in advancing Alterome’s alteration-specific targeted oncology programs through pre-clinical development and into the clinic. Reporting to the CEO/CSO, the successful candidate will join the Alterome leadership team. She/He will be responsible for building and managing the non-clinical team, guiding pre-clinical development and IND submission, and will collaborate with the R&D teams to continue expanding the infrastructure and capabilities, internally and through external partners to support our fast-moving programs. This role is critical to ensuring the ongoing success of Alterome.
How You’ll Contribute to the Team…
- Oversee portfolio-wide support of nonclinical safety programs from development candidate selection through clinical development
- Provide scientific and regulatory support for nonclinical portions of regulatory submission packages including but not limited to INDs, CTAs, NDAs
- Establish and implement the scientific strategy for all toxicology, bioanalytical and DMPK functions for late-stage research programs and early clinical development programs.
- Manage a team of subject matter experts across multiple functions such as toxicology, bioanalysis, and DMPK to support all preclinical programs in the Alterome portfolio
- Ensure alignment of nonclinical activities with clinical development to make significant contributions to the broader therapeutic strategy
- Maintain and select CRO partnerships for all outsourced nonclinical studies such as toxicology, safety, and regulatory plans
- Collaborate closely with other functions such as Regulatory and Clinical teams, as well as translational medicine, discovery biology, medicinal chemistry, and CMC teams to efficiently advance programs
- Communicate recommendations effectively to the leadership team and the Board of Directors to enable high-level strategic decisions and overall portfolio governance
What You Bring with You…
- Ph.D. or advanced degree in pharmacology, toxicology, or relevant field with 15+ years of biopharmaceutical operating experience in the nonclinical development space
- Experience advancing assets through IND acceptance in US filings and interacting with global regulatory agencies (e.g., pIND meetings) is required
- Knowledge of all aspects of preclinical development with emphasis on nonclinical studies. Candidate must have experience in multiple nonclinical functions including Bioanalysis, Toxicology, ADME, and/or DMPK. Prior experience in oncology is required.
- A strong track record of driving development strategies through all aspects of preclinical development to first-in-human clinical trials
- Strong people management and leadership skills with proven ability to guide senior-level individuals to accomplish the goals of the organization
- Innate ability to collaborate cross-functionally with various teams including clinical, discovery, program management, etc.
- Extensive experience overseeing the generation of IND-enabling packages and translating these data packages into formal IND submissions
- Strategic thinking to balance delivery on both the short-term and long-term goals of Alterome Therapeutics, Inc.
- Advanced planning and budgeting skills to interface with Finance, Accounting, and Operations teams
- Experience working with covalent small molecule inhibitors is highly preferred.
Salary Information: $270,000-$300,000 (plus equity) depending on experience
Our people make a difference! If you share our vision to transform the lives of cancer patients, join our Movement. We would love to meet you!
What Alterome Brings…
We provide our employees medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401k w/match, competitive comp (including equity), paid holidays, flexible time off, home office set up, full-service gym on-site (with showers and towel service!), development opportunities, phenomenal company culture, and more!
Alterome Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization. We measure each applicant, candidate, and employee based on their qualifications for the role, regardless of age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, Veteran status, disability, and/or any other protected class characteristics. Furthermore, Alterome is committed to achieving all business objectives in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws.