Altana provides the world’s only dynamic, intelligent map of the global supply chain - the Altana Atlas - using AI and machine learning models to connect with and learn from massive sets of public and private data. Through the Atlas, companies and governments can understand the distant origins of products well beyond their own direct suppliers; discover trading relationships and national security risks deep in their networks; measure labor and environmental impacts; identify related risks and opportunities; ensure effective compliance and enforcement with trade requirements; and collaborate to manage all of it.
We have built a fundamental understanding of how the world’s economy works, and the implications for global resiliency, sustainability and opportunity are enormous. Backed by leading investors and used by the world’s most important organizations (Maersk, US Customs and Border Protection, Merck, Boston Scientific, and more), Altana’s mission is to power a new era of globalization organized around trusted supply chain networks.
This is a lofty mission, and our success depends on building a diverse, global team and creating an environment in which they can thrive. We operate in accordance with our values: we focus on value creation, not capture; we foster diversity and embrace difference; we embrace reality; we get things done; we amaze our clients. When you join Altana, you’ll be joining a vibrant, collaborative team working together to solve complex problems with the potential for global societal impact.
The Opportunity at Altana
We are hiring for a Senior Product Marketing Manager who will be responsible for bringing Altana’s product positioning and GTM strategy to life by shaping how our products are positioned, communicated, and perceived in the market. You’ll be joining a small, nimble, and highly talented Marketing team, contributing directly to the shape and direction of the function.
- Marketing Collateral: Own the end-to-end creation of marketing collateral, including product datasheets, whitepapers, case studies, presentations, videos, and more. Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including design, content, and product management, to deliver high-quality assets that drive demand and awareness.
- Storytelling: Craft compelling narratives that convey the value and differentiation of our products, translating complex technical concepts into clear and engaging messaging that resonates with various stakeholders, from C-level executives to technical users to government officials.
- Positioning and Messaging: Develop product positioning and messaging that speaks to the unique needs and pain points of our target customers, incorporating a consistent and resonant brand voice across all communication channels.
- Product Development: Create inbound processes for understanding product requirements from both internal and external groups with a clear process for how those requests meet overall market need, establish product market fit and flow into product and engineering teams for roadmap consideration.
- Go-to-Market Strategy: Work closely with sales, marketing, and product teams to define and execute go-to-market strategies for new product launches and updates, ensuring sales teams are equipped with the necessary information to effectively convey product value.
- Market Intelligence: Stay informed about industry trends, competitive landscape, and customer needs. Leverage this information to continuously refine our messaging and positioning strategies.
- Thought Leadership: Contribute to thought leadership initiatives, including speaking engagements, webinars, and blog posts, to establish Altana as a trusted authority in the industry
- Significant hands-on experience in product marketing, preferably in the B2B tech industry, with a proven track record of creating impactful marketing collateral and driving successful go-to-market strategies.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to craft clear and persuasive messaging for diverse audiences in both the public and private sectors.
- Experience and and comfort with taking complex problems and simplifying them into understandable and approachable solutions
- Proficiency in modern marketing and design tools (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite, Canva) to collaborate effectively with design teams and contribute to creative processes, high aptitude for learning new technologies and applying innovative approaches in your work.
- Excited about working in a dynamic environment, supporting initiatives across a wide variety of marketing disciplines, and building a world-class marketing team
This role is be based out of our Brooklyn office, with hybrid work flexibility.
Why it’s great to work at Altana
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
Altana is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to inclusion across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical ability, veteran status, and national origin. We offer a comprehensive healthcare package and paid parental leave of 3 months for the primary caregiver and 1 month for the secondary caregiver.