Altana provides the world’s only dynamic, intelligent map of the global supply chain - the Altana Atlas - using AI and machine learning models to connect with and learn from massive sets of public and private data. Through the Atlas, companies and governments can understand the distant origins of products well beyond their own direct suppliers; discover trading relationships and national security risks deep in their networks; measure labor and environmental impacts; identify related risks and opportunities; ensure effective compliance and enforcement with trade requirements; and collaborate to manage all of it.
We have built a fundamental understanding of how the world’s economy works, and the implications for global resiliency, sustainability and opportunity are enormous. Backed by leading investors and used by the world’s most important organizations (Maersk, US Customs and Border Protection, Merck, Boston Scientific, and more), Altana’s mission is to power a new era of globalization organized around trusted supply chain networks.
This is a lofty mission, and our success depends on building a diverse, global team and creating an environment in which they can thrive. We operate in accordance with our values: we focus on value creation, not capture; we foster diversity and embrace difference; we embrace reality; we get things done; we amaze our clients. When you join Altana, you’ll be joining a vibrant, collaborative team working together to solve complex problems with the potential for global societal impact.
The Opportunity at Altana
The Implementation team is looking for talented Implementation Data Scientists to help execute on our vision. In this role, you will manage successful customer software deployments on premise in secured environments, develop new product specifications based on customer feedback, and act as the "voice of the customer." You’ll work closely with our Data Scientists, Product Managers, Software Engineers, and leadership team in order to ensure successful deployments of the Altana Atlas and bring immediate value to our customers.
- Manage successful customer software deployments and technical work streams from end-to-end, with the ability to effectively manage priorities, deliver on-time, and communicate effectively internally and with customers, focusing on U.S. Federal Departments and Agencies
- Become a power-user of the Atlas platform, data, and API products, support customers in rapidly achieving value from the solution, and identify new use cases to address customer pain points
- Communicate directly with customer analysts and senior decision makers to ensure they have a great experience with Altana’s technology
- Oversee platform deployments, inclusive of integrating customer data and adjusting system architectures for customer environments
- Build prototypes and customizations that help get customers to value and expand product functionality
This role will be supporting US government customers and may require clearance for access to classified data or systems. Applicants must be able to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to a security investigation.
- 8+ years of technical experience in analytics, data science, software engineering or a similar technology related field using Python, SQL, Databricks, ArangoDB, AWS or Azure
- TS/SCI eligible and available to work on-site in the DC/Virginia/Maryland area
- Experienced working with sensitive data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have, but not required
- Exposure to trade compliance, supply chain management, shipping and logistics, or a field similarly related to international commerce
- Experience with Machine Learning toolsets (Scikit-learn, Numpy, Pandas, Dedupe)
- Working knowledge of cloud services like AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience working with AWS GovCloud or other government managed systems
Technologies we love to use at Altana
- Languages: Python, Spark, SQL
- Tools: Docker, Git, Kubernetes, Swagger/OpenAPI, AWS, Azure
- Datastores: Databricks, Elasticsearch, Postgres, Redshift, ArangoDB
Why it’s great to work at Altana
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
Altana is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to inclusion across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical ability, veteran status, and national origin. We offer a comprehensive healthcare package and paid parental leave of 3 months for the primary caregiver and 1 month for the secondary caregiver.