Altana provides the world’s only dynamic, intelligent map of the global supply chain - the Altana Atlas - using AI and machine learning models to connect with and learn from massive sets of public and private data. Through the Atlas, companies and governments can understand the distant origins of products well beyond their own direct suppliers; discover trading relationships and national security risks deep in their networks; measure labor and environmental impacts; identify related risks and opportunities; ensure effective compliance and enforcement with trade requirements; and collaborate to manage all of it.
We have built a fundamental understanding of how the world’s economy works, and the implications for global resiliency, sustainability and opportunity are enormous. Backed by leading investors and used by the world’s most important organizations (Maersk, US Customs and Border Protection, Merck, Boston Scientific, and more), Altana’s mission is to power a new era of globalization organized around trusted supply chain networks.
This is a lofty mission, and our success depends on building a diverse, global team and creating an environment in which they can thrive. We operate in accordance with our values: we focus on value creation, not capture; we foster diversity and embrace difference; we embrace reality; we get things done; we amaze our clients. When you join Altana, you’ll be joining a vibrant, collaborative team working together to solve complex problems with the potential for global societal impact.
At Altana, we are bringing about a better globalization by facilitating visibility, decision support, and collaboration across global business networks. We have built a fundamental understanding of how the world’s economy works by mapping how physical goods transit and transform as they flow through the world’s business networks. These insights are based on our extensive proprietary data network, and using modern ML and data science to infer, analyze, and make sense of the physical world. We are pushing the envelope to build a foundational AI for the world’s physical economy.
The Implementation team is focused on integrating Altana’s platforms with customers to provide unique insight, business process integrations, and create mutual value. We execute complex customer integrations to create, customize, tune, and retrain models for unique customer scenarios; integrate proprietary customer data to our knowledge graph while preserving privacy; and design and create technical integrations that create client value. The Implementation team works closely with customers, as well as our internal engineering, data science, solutions and product organizations.
- Manage successful software deployments and technical work streams for UK government customers from pre-sale to post go-live, with the ability to effectively manage priorities, deliver on-time, and communicate effectively internally and with customers.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to senior technical customers, steering deployments from a strategic perspective, enabling customers to get to value with Altana’s products.
- Be responsible for overall performance of a small technical team, providing guidance and oversight regarding quality of delivery, software practices, and personnel development; willingness to be “hands on keyboard” for particularly complex engineering issues.
- Become a power-user of the Atlas platform and API products, support customers in rapidly achieving value from the solution, and identify new use cases to address customer pain points.
- Deeply understand the trade compliance/supply chain risk domain, Altana’s technology, and our customer base in the UK government.
- Collaborate with fellow engineers and data scientists across the organization.
This position is based in London. Some periodic travel will be required to the United States.
- You have 10+ years of real-world professional experience with data engineering, software development, analytics, data science, or a similar technology related field.
- You have a record of success managing consultative/complex technical deployments, sales or otherwise client facing projects, including managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects where necessary, from inception to maturity.
- You have an in-depth understanding of the UK government space, and experience delivering and/or implementing technical solutions for this customer, ideally in secured environments
- You have experience managing a technical team and leveraging functional expertise to develop team members.
- You are a self-starter who wants to get things done, can be relied on, and creates an environment where data scientists and engineers can grow and develop.
- You have experience with container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- You have a working knowledge of cloud services like AWS or Azure.
- You are willing and able to hold an SC government clearance.
Technologies we love
- Languages: Python, Spark
- Tools: Docker, Git, Kubernetes, Swagger/OpenAPI, AWS, Azure
- Datastores: Databricks, Elasticsearch, Postgres, Redshift, ArangoDB
Why it’s great to work at Altana
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
Altana is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to inclusion across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical ability, veteran status, and national origin. We offer a comprehensive healthcare package and paid parental leave of 3 months for the primary caregiver and 1 month for the secondary caregiver.