To solve climate change, wealth inequality, supply chain stability, and national security we must change how our global supply chains work. Altana is a Trusted Commerce Platform built on a shared source of truth for the global supply chain. The purpose of Altana is to enable resilient, sustainable, secure, and inclusive global commerce: Globalization 2.0.
We have built a layer of shared intelligence across the world’s supply chain information: a living map of trillions of dollars of B2B commercial activity, covering 400M companies connected by billions of shipments. This knowledge graph powers Altana’s Trusted Commerce Platform - the Altana Atlas - which, after only three years since founding, is already used by many of the world’s most important governments, enterprises, and logistics providers.
Our product suite enables our customers to gain unprecedented visibility, benefit from shared artificial intelligence across a federated network of data, and interact across the network through a shared source of truth. We help our customers to build and manage trusted global supply chains.
The Financial Services team is looking for talented Network Data Scientists to help execute this vision. You’ll work closely with our Clients, Data Scientists, Product Managers, Software Engineers, and leadership team to develop analytics that provide insights on network dynamics and their impacts on financial performance in supplier networks.
- Develop statistical models of network structures and their relationships to network behavior
- Automate identification of persistent network structures as well as emergent network structures and behaviors
- Build analytical solutions for understanding network dependencies
- Establish metrics for common network attributes such as attachment, centrality, connectivity, distance, path lengths, and similarity
- Develop new metrics that describe network characteristics as relates to the performance of businesses in the network
- Develop models to describe, predict, and simulate network behavior under multiple scenarios
- Categorize relationships between network patterns and business outcomes
- Build descriptive and predictive models of network dynamics that can be used to plan business strategies by people regardless of their expertise in network analytics
- BS, MS, or PhD degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, Statistics, Computational Biology, BioInformatics, or equivalent experience
- You have a strong background in data science, graph mining, and graph simulations
- You enjoy sharing your expertise using Python for graph analysis and machine learning
- You have experience with data intensive applications and complex systems
- You are energized by power laws, long-tail effects, and nonlinear system dynamics
- You are comfortable communicating technical analysis to less technical stakeholders
- You are interested in applying network analysis to improve the world
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have, but not required
- Experience with Apache Spark, Databricks
- Experience with generative models of network structure and behavior
- Experience analyzing supplier networks in supply chains, banking, insurance, or ecommerce
Technologies we love
- Languages: Python, Spark, SQL
- Tools: Scikit-learn, Numpy, Pandas, NetworkX, PyTorch, Tensorflow, DGL
- Datastores: Databricks, Elasticsearch, Postgres, RDS, Kafka
Anticipated Salary Range: $130,000 - 180,000. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
Why it’s great to work at Altana
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
Altana is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to inclusion across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical ability, veteran status, and national origin. We offer a comprehensive healthcare package and paid parental leave of 3 months for the primary caregiver and 1 month for the secondary caregiver.