To solve climate change, wealth inequality, supply chain stability, and national security we must change how our global supply chains work. Altana is a Trusted Commerce Platform built on a shared source of truth for the global supply chain. The purpose of Altana is to enable resilient, sustainable, secure, and inclusive global commerce: Globalization 2.0.
We have built a layer of shared intelligence across the world’s supply chain information: a living map of trillions of dollars of B2B commercial activity, covering 400M companies connected by billions of shipments. This knowledge graph powers Altana’s Trusted Commerce Platform - the Altana Atlas - which, after only three years since founding, is already used by many of the world’s most important governments, enterprises, and logistics providers.
Our product suite enables our customers to gain unprecedented visibility, benefit from shared artificial intelligence across a federated network of data, and interact across the network through a shared source of truth. We help our customers to build and manage trusted global supply chains.
Altana is seeking a Head of Shipping & Logistics to craft and execute our commercial strategy in the shipping and logistics industry. This person will be responsible for ensuring the commercial success and expansion of our existing enterprise platform deployments, while pursuing net new customers across the industry. The role will require effective coordination of cross-functional teams with members from across Altana’s broader organization--including Solutions, Sales Engineering, Implementation Data Science, Partnerships, and Product.
- Cultivate and manage strategic relationships with key stakeholders at multiple customer organizations across the international shipping and logistics industry
- Support development of Altana commercial strategy within its shipping and logistics vertical, identifying drivers of current account growth and refining go-to-market approaches
- Set individual customer account strategies, define key success criteria, and monitor progress against key commercial milestones
- Deeply understand customer use cases and domains, identifying opportunities to leverage the Altana Atlas platform to accelerate customers’ digital transformation journeys
- Become a thought leader on the future of global trade and the digital transformation of the shipping and logistics industries; partner with Altana’s Research & Analysis team in the generation of white papers, blog posts, podcasts, etc.
- Over time, build a team of world class Business Development and Solutions professionals to serve a growing portfolio of shipping and logistics customers
- Lead internal firm-building activities (e.g, recruiting, knowledge building / domain expertise development, etc.)
- 9-12 years of experience leading business development, corporate strategy, enterprise technology implementation, or solutions management, either at a growth stage startup, at a leading technology company, or as a management consultant
- Experience structuring licenses and contracts with industry-leading customers, then overseeing cross-functional teams in the subsequent deployment of complex enterprise software solutions
- Deep exposure to and interest in the shipping, logistics, and supply chain management domains
Why it’s great to work at Altana
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
Altana is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to inclusion across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical ability, veteran status, and national origin. We offer a comprehensive healthcare package and paid parental leave of 3 months for the primary caregiver and 1 month for the secondary caregiver.