To solve climate change, wealth inequality, supply chain stability, and national security we must change how our global supply chains work. Altana is a Trusted Commerce Platform built on a shared source of truth for the global supply chain. The purpose of Altana is to enable resilient, sustainable, secure, and inclusive global commerce: Globalization 2.0.
We have built a layer of shared intelligence across the world’s supply chain information: a living map of trillions of dollars of B2B commercial activity, covering 400M companies connected by billions of shipments. This knowledge graph powers Altana’s Trusted Commerce Platform - the Altana Atlas - which, after only three years since founding, is already used by many of the world’s most important governments, enterprises, and logistics providers.
Our product suite enables our customers to gain unprecedented visibility, benefit from shared artificial intelligence across a federated network of data, and interact across the network through a shared source of truth. We help our customers to build and manage trusted global supply chains.
Altana is seeking a Solutions Architect to help prospective and current customers understand and quickly derive value from our platform. The Solutions Architect will work as a member of Altana’s Business Development team to quickly and thoroughly understand customers’ use cases and pain points, and develop a strategy for addressing them using the Altana platform. If you're a curious and customer-centric technologist who loves to learn about new industries and solve business problems using leading-edge data platforms, this is the right role for you.
- Become a power user of the Altana platform, prepared to leverage all of Altana’s products and applications to meet a range of evolving customer use cases
- Develop and deliver tailored demos and prototypes to help customers understand and derive value from the Altana platform and Altana’s products
- Deeply understand customer industries and users, identifying opportunities to leverage the Altana platform to drive new insights and improve users’ existing workflows
- Actively solicit product feedback from current and prospective users and convey emerging requirements to Altana’s Product team
- Coordinate with Solutions Managers (post-sales support and account management) and implementation engineers to onboard new customers
- Lead successful PoCs, pilots and experiments through technical implementation and analytical modeling in the very initial stages of sales lifecycle.
- Translate business use cases and requirements into value based solution designs through the architecture of analytical workflows and systems.
- Express differentiating factors with competing solutions and be able to handle objections in a comfortable and effective manner when required.
- 3-5 years of customer-facing solutions engineering experience, at a growth-stage software startup or a technology company
- Proficiency in SQL, Python and/or other coding languages, and business intelligence applications
- Ideally, exposure to and/or interest in the shipping, logistics, and supply chain management domains
Why it’s great to work at Altana
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
Altana is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to inclusion across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical ability, veteran status, and national origin. We offer a comprehensive healthcare package and paid parental leave of 3 months for the primary caregiver and 1 month for the secondary caregiver.