To solve climate change, wealth inequality, supply chain stability, and national security we must change how our global supply chains work. Altana is a Trusted Commerce Platform built on a shared source of truth for the global supply chain. The purpose of Altana is to enable resilient, sustainable, secure, and inclusive global commerce: Globalization 2.0.
We have built a layer of shared intelligence across the world’s supply chain information: a living map of trillions of dollars of B2B commercial activity, covering 400M companies connected by billions of shipments. This knowledge graph powers Altana’s Trusted Commerce Platform - the Altana Atlas - which, after only three years since founding, is already used by many of the world’s most important governments, enterprises, and logistics providers.
Our product suite enables our customers to gain unprecedented visibility, benefit from shared artificial intelligence across a federated network of data, and interact across the network through a shared source of truth. We help our customers to build and manage trusted global supply chains.
The Product team is looking for a talented Product Management Lead to manage the overall Search experience. Search is one of the most important aspects of our user experience because it’s where many of our users’ journeys start. Search within the Altana Atlas range from questions like “what are all the companies located within 200km of Kiev, Ukraine that export Wheat to Japan?” or “are there any companies, who have a German parent company, that are involved in the production of Gallium Nitride semiconductors?”. We are also developing cutting-edge techniques around graph embeddings to enable a wide range of semantic search capabilities and look for a PM to play an integral role in product development from zero to one.
What You’ll Accomplish:
- In collaboration with the company co-founders and VP of Product Management, work to develop the overall product strategy, product roadmap, and feature specifications for each of Altana’s products
- Define and manage customer-centric user experiences across each product, working in close collaboration with product design, front end development, and third-party agencies
- Work closely with our commercial team to build out our go-to-market plans and strategies; build a deep understanding of our market trends, partner ecosystem, and competitive landscape
- Develop and oversee processes for user and customer research in order to deeply understand customer needs and preferences across our target customer segments: customs agencies, logistics providers, F500 enterprises, defense and intelligence agencies, and financial service providers
- Hire and manage a team of product managers responsible for product ownership across our evolving product suite
- Collaborate closely with marketing, design, sales, and solutions teams to support coordinated and effective go-to-market strategies, sales enablement, and customer success
What We’re Looking For
- 7 years related experience product management experience in a technology company, with a strong preference for experience in a fast-growth, venture-backed startup context
- Entrepreneurial sense of ownership of the success of the products, with full ownership and accountability of outcomes
- Business-driven with a passion for technology - you crave identifying, defining, and solving user challenges through sophisticated technology delivered in intuitive user experiences
- Excellent communication skills to clearly and concisely communicate complex topics to diverse stakeholders (engineers, customers, etc.) in written and verbal form
- Experience in working closely with enterprise customers, complex user interactions, and modern techniques for semantic search across a knowledge graph
What Makes a successful Product Manager at Altana
Leading a team to charge up a hill: Product managers need to lead teams to charge up a hill, motivating and aligning cross-functional teams towards a common vision and roadmap. We need product managers to break through walls to ship amazing products.
Operating at multiple altitudes: Product managers need to be able to change altitudes between product strategy and execution, modulating between short-term priorities and long-term objectives and tying the two.
Evangelizing your product internally and externally: Product managers should be CONSTANTLY demoing, educating, and evangelizing their product, both externally and internally
Ruthless & transparent prioritization. There is no shortage of brilliant ideas, the fine art of Product Management is prioritization, but done in a manner that builds trust through transparency.
User centricity: PMs need to be inside the users psychology, deeply understanding their pain, their priorities, and their needs. Ideally, a PM know their users’ workflows so well, they could step in, and do their job.
Salary Range: $130,000 - $230,000 (Negotiable and dependent on experience)
Why it’s great to work at Altana
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
Altana is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to inclusion across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical ability, veteran status, and national origin. We offer a comprehensive healthcare package and paid parental leave of 3 months for the primary caregiver and 1 month for the secondary caregiver.