To solve climate change, wealth inequality, supply chain stability, and national security we must change how our global supply chains work. Altana is a Trusted Commerce Platform built on a shared source of truth for the global supply chain. The purpose of Altana is to enable resilient, sustainable, secure, and inclusive global commerce: Globalization 2.0.
We have built a layer of shared intelligence across the world’s supply chain information: a living map of trillions of dollars of B2B commercial activity, covering 400M companies connected by billions of shipments. This knowledge graph powers Altana’s Trusted Commerce Platform - the Altana Atlas - which, after only three years since founding, is already used by many of the world’s most important governments, enterprises, and logistics providers.
Our product suite enables our customers to gain unprecedented visibility, benefit from shared artificial intelligence across a federated network of data, and interact across the network through a shared source of truth. We help our customers to build and manage trusted global supply chains.
The Engineering team is responsible for building out the platforms, API’s, services, workflows, and logical architectures for bringing this vision to life. We are creating a platform fundamentally driven by AI, which scales to a massive trove of data, and a diverse customer base; it is a complex system that will stretch engineering in many directions. You’ll work closely with our Data Scientists on projects to analyze and observe world-scale datasets, write code that can scale to produce never before seen insights, and construct APIs to deliver our product vision.
- Ingest product vision, define technical vision and break it down into a roadmap. Collaborate with senior developers and technology leads to understand solutions, current capabilities, and advance Altana’s capabilities while meeting demanding customer requirements.
- Be responsible for overall technical capabilities, performance and design of the Altana Delivery platforms across the front end, backend API’s, Authorization and Authentication platforms, and model hosting, scoring and monitoring infrastructure.
- Personally prototype, prove concepts, and develop services in support of bringing the architecture vision to reality and collaborating with teams to do the same.
- Collaborate with fellow engineers and data scientists across the organization
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or equivalent experience
- You have 7+ years of real-world professional experience designing, building, and writing coherent technical designs and visions for complex software products
- Self-starter who wants to get things done and has a passion for technology – you crack the hardest problems, make things integrate to deliver cutting edge solutions and enjoy the puzzle of complex technical integrations
- You care deeply about engineering excellence, clean code, and knowledge-sharing
- Use React, Redux, and Leaflet libraries for graph and map visualizations
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have, but not required
- Experience with Python Machine Learning toolsets (Scikit-learn, Numpy, Pandas, Dedupe)
- Experience with container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of cloud services like AWS, Azure, or GCP
Technologies we love
- Tools: Github, Swagger/OpenAPI, AWS
- Datastores: Elasticsearch, Postgres, Redshift, ArangoDB
Why it’s great to work at Altana
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
Altana is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to inclusion across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical ability, veteran status, and national origin. We offer a comprehensive healthcare package and paid parental leave of 3 months for the primary caregiver and 1 month for the secondary caregiver.