To solve climate change, wealth inequality, supply chain stability, and national security we must change how our global supply chains work. Altana is a Trusted Commerce Platform built on a shared source of truth for the global supply chain. The purpose of Altana is to enable resilient, sustainable, secure, and inclusive global commerce: Globalization 2.0.
We have built a layer of shared intelligence across the world’s supply chain information: a living map of trillions of dollars of B2B commercial activity, covering 400M companies connected by billions of shipments. This knowledge graph powers Altana’s Trusted Commerce Platform - the Altana Atlas - which, after only three years since founding, is already used by many of the world’s most important governments, enterprises, and logistics providers.
Our product suite enables our customers to gain unprecedented visibility, benefit from shared artificial intelligence across a federated network of data, and interact across the network through a shared source of truth. We help our customers to build and manage trusted global supply chains.
Role: Business Development Lead, Enterprise Solutions
Altana is seeking a Business Development lead to craft and execute our commercial strategy across a range of enterprise end-markets (e.g., pharma, medical devices, automotive, technology hardware, etc.). The BD lead will be responsible for ensuring the commercial success and expansion of our existing customer deployments, while pursuing net new customers across industries. The role will require effective coordination of cross-functional teams with members from across Altana’s broader commercial organization--including Solutions, Sales, Implementation Engineering, and Partnerships.
- Manage strategic relationships with senior leaders at customer organizations across the international priority industries
- Deeply understand customer use cases and domains, identifying opportunities to leverage the Altana Atlas platform to accelerate customers’ digital transformation journeys
- Set customer account strategies, defining key success criteria, surfacing potential challenges, and identifying revenue growth opportunities
- In partnership with Altana implementation engineers and data scientists, oversee the delivery of the Atlas platform, including pilot scoping and timeline management
- Gather product feedback and convey emerging customer requirements to Altana’s Product teams
- Become a thought leader on the future of global trade and the digital transformation of the supply chain management and trade compliance industries; partner with Altana’s Content Marketing team in the generation of white papers, blog posts, podcasts, etc.
- Over time, build a team of world class Solutions professionals to serve a growing portfolio of enterprise customers
- Lead internal firm-building activities (e.g, recruiting, knowledge building / domain expertise development, etc.)
- 5-7 years of experience leading business development, corporate strategy, or solutions management, either at a growth stage startup, at a leading technology company, or as a management consultant
- Ideally, exposure to and interest in the supply chain management and trade compliance, domains
- Ideally, SQL, Python, or other coding skills
Why it’s great to work at Altana
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
Altana is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to inclusion across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical ability, veteran status, and national origin. We offer a comprehensive healthcare package and paid parental leave of 2 months for the primary caregiver and 1 month for the secondary caregiver.