Altana AI enables trusted commerce by providing the single source of truth on the global supply chain. Our AI platform connects and learns from billions of data points to help governments and the private sector build safe, resilient, and sustainable supply chains.
Positioned at the intersection of international relations, national security, sustainability, and global commerce, Altana is building a world-scale natural language processing and machine learning platform that serves as the single source of truth on the global supply chain. Similar to how Facebook built a social graph, and Google a knowledge graph of the internet, Altana is building the world's most comprehensive knowledge graph of global commerce, covering trillions of dollars of B2B commercial activity across 400 million companies worldwide. This knowledge graph powers Altana’s AI platform - the Altana Atlas - which is used by the world’s largest governments, enterprises, and logistics providers to manage cross-border commerce, map the sustainability profile of millions of products, target security threats, and build more resilient supply chains.
The Engineering team is looking for talented Software Engineers to help build this vision. You’ll work closely with our Data Scientists on projects to analyze and observe world-scale datasets, write code that can scale to produce never before seen insights, and construct APIs to deliver our product vision.
This position can be worked remotely, but you should be comfortable working on New York time.
- Use Terraform to build and operate multi-cloud environments (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Write Python code for automation and developer tooling
- Write and manage helm charts and ArgoCD manifests for multiple Kubernetes deployments
- Enable monitoring and observability tooling across our team's entire stack
- Maintain security standards, role-based access controls, and other compliance-related needs
- Be responsible for automating, testing, and deploying your work
- Collaborate with fellow engineers and data scientists across the organization
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or equivalent experience
- You have 5+ years of real-world professional experience building developer tools or infrastructure automation
- You have a track record of ownership and delivery of projects with major organizational impact
- You care deeply about engineering excellence, clean code, and knowledge-sharing
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have, but not required
- Experience with Python Machine Learning toolsets (Scikit-learn, Numpy, Pandas, Dedupe)
- Experience with API development
- Experience with GitHub Actions, GitLab CI, or other CI/CD tooling
Technologies we love
- Tools: Docker, Git, Kubernetes, Swagger/OpenAPI, AWS, Azure
- Datastores: Elasticsearch, Postgres, Redshift, Neo4j
Why it’s great to work at Altana
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
Altana is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to inclusion across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical ability, veteran status, and national origin. We offer a comprehensive healthcare package and paid parental leave of 2 months for the primary caregiver and 1 month for the secondary caregiver.