Altana AI enables trusted commerce by providing the single source of truth on the global supply chain. Our AI platform connects and learns from billions of data points to help governments and the private sector build safe, resilient, and sustainable supply chains.
Positioned at the intersection of international relations, national security, sustainability, and global commerce, Altana is building a world-scale natural language processing and machine learning platform that serves as the single source of truth on the global supply chain. Similar to how Facebook built a social graph, and Google a knowledge graph of the internet, Altana is building the world's most comprehensive knowledge graph of global commerce, covering trillions of dollars of B2B commercial activity across 400 million companies worldwide. This knowledge graph powers Altana’s AI platform - the Altana Atlas - which is used by the world’s largest governments, enterprises, and logistics providers to manage cross-border commerce, map the sustainability profile of millions of products, target security threats, and build more resilient supply chains.
About the Job
The Data Operations organization is a critical support organization to various data science and engineering teams at Altana AI. As a team we provide infrastructure for human insights into DS and AI initiatives that are core to Altana’s product. Data Operations partners closely with our product teams to come up with innovative ways to further enrich and collect data to increase Altana’s data coverage.
As a data analyst in the data operations team, you are responsible for architecting and managing data labeling and annotation workflows end-to-end while actively working with different internal stakeholders to assess training data needs and delivery insides into algorithmic performance while continuously enhancing data driven processes internally as well as externally with our annotation vendors.
As an ideal candidate you are a strong communicator, technically curious, love documentation and processes while keeping them flexible to meet changing engineering needs.
- Scoping and managing of multiple annotation workflows in parallel
- Definition and ownership of project success metrics
- Ability to work cross functionally to identify needs for human annotated data
- Day-to-day management of vendor team responsible for data labeling efforts
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency in labeling processes through process improvements and/or annotation tool improvements
- Experience in a Data Annotation, Data Operations, Project Management, Vendor Management or Sales Engineering role within a data driven organization
- Ability to operate in an unstructured research environment
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities
- Commitment to an inclusive corporate culture
- Baseline familiarity with technical platforms, databases, or statistical software
- Familiarity with or a desire to learn about machine learning models
Nice to Have:
- Worked in a remote environment
- Comfortable in using Python for data analytics
- Foreign language skills
Why it’s great to work at Altana
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
Altana is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to inclusion across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical ability, veteran status, and national origin. We offer a comprehensive healthcare package and paid parental leave of 2 months for the primary caregiver and 1 month for the secondary caregiver.