Altana AI enables trusted commerce by providing the single source of truth on the global supply chain. Our AI platform connects and learns from billions of data points to help governments and the private sector build safe, resilient, and sustainable supply chains.
Positioned at the intersection of international relations, national security, sustainability, and global commerce, Altana is building a world-scale natural language processing and machine learning platform that serves as the single source of truth on the global supply chain. Similar to how Facebook built a social graph, and Google a knowledge graph of the internet, Altana is building the world's most comprehensive knowledge graph of global commerce, covering trillions of dollars of B2B commercial activity across 400 million companies worldwide. This knowledge graph powers Altana’s AI platform - the Altana Atlas - which is used by the world’s largest governments, enterprises, and logistics providers to manage cross-border commerce, map the sustainability profile of millions of products, target security threats, and build more resilient supply chains.
The Technology team is looking for a talented engineering leader to help build this vision. In this role you’ll report to the VP of Engineering and lead a cross-functional team of Engineers, Data Scientists, and Data Analysts in support of our customer implementations in the commercial and government spaces. This is a strategic role for our organization that enables us to serve our rapidly growing enterprise and government customer bases.
This position can be worked remotely, but you should be comfortable working on New York time and being in New York and Washington, DC regularly.
- Manage a cross-functional team of talented Engineers, Data Scientists and Analysts working on exciting engineering challenges
- Serve as the team's technical lead, defining and prioritizing technical tasks, and providing mentorship and guidance
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with Solutions Managers and Product stakeholders to understand requirements and priorities, and ensure that our deliveries accrue to and fit within our product roadmap
- Actively engage directly with customer technical decision makers, users, and enablers in order to ensure smooth and rapid onboarding and adoption of Altana's platform and product portfolio
- Hire and train brilliant team members who are eager to deliver value to customers, deepen their technical skills, and be part of a collaborative team
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or equivalent experience
- You have 7+ years of real-world professional experience working on enterprise customer engagements
- You are passionate about business strategy, product, and creating value for users
- You have high customer empathy
- You have experience leading or managing teams delivering major customer impact
- You have active US Security clearance or eligibility and willingness to obtain a US Security clearance
- You have a strong sense of shared ownership and a collaborative disposition
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have, but not required
- Experience with Python Machine Learning toolsets (Scikit-learn, Numpy, Pandas, Dedupe)
- Experience with container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of cloud services like AWS, Azure, or GCP
Technologies we love
- Languages: Python, SQL
- Tools: Git, Kubernetes, Databricks, PowerBI, Tableau, AWS, Azure
- Datastores: Elasticsearch, Postgres, Redshift, ArangoDB
Why it’s great to work at Altana
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
Altana is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to inclusion across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical ability, veteran status, and national origin. We offer a comprehensive healthcare package and paid parental leave of 2 months for the primary caregiver and 1 month for the secondary caregiver.