At Altana we've built the first AI Knowledge Graph of the global supply chain -- the world’s most comprehensive representation of global commerce activity. This data asset, composed of billions of records, covers more than 40% of cross-border transactions, corporate ownership registries in over 100 countries, the global movements of goods, illicit web activity, and more. Built on this foundation, our proprietary machine learning technologies and products are designed to help customers manage risk, automate otherwise labor-intensive investigations, and better manage cross-border flows.
The Altana Technology organization is seeking a talented Agile Project Manager to leverage their organizational, communication, problem-solving, technical knowledge and all around organizational-troubleshooting experience to help us build the world’s premier supply chain knowledge graph.
As a member of the Technical Program Management team, you will report to the Director of Technical Program Management. The Technical Program Management team is responsible for technical specification, project and process management, tools development, inter-company communications, executive presentation development and technology and business operations.
This position can be worked remotely, but you should be comfortable supporting team members working primarily on Eastern time. You should also be comfortable supporting remote team members.
- Assist and enable cross-functional, product development teams (composed of Machine Learning Engineers, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Data Analysts, DevOps Engineers and Product Managers)
- Formalize and mature our Agile development methodology and associated processes
- Help ‘the business’ understand the challenges and successes of your teams, help your teams to understand the priorities, roadmap and strategic vision of ‘the business’ and help blur the line between your teams and ‘the business’ whenever possible
- ‘Veer out of your lane’ to pitch in when you see opportunities of interest
- Evangelize and educate team members on software agility and prevent ‘cargo-culting’
- Manage product backlog items in Jira
- Work hand-in-hand with Product Management to plan and coordinate releases
- Ensure that your teams adhere to Altana policies, process and governance frameworks
- You’ve added helpful process in a fast-paced startup or you’ve helped remove unnecessary process in larger, established organizations
- You value outcomes over output and have a track record of iterating
- You are technically adept and well versed in agile project management
- You hold an BA, BS, or MS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or have equivalent experience
- You have 3 or more years of professional experience as a Software Project Manager, Scrum Master, Agile Project Manager, Iteration Manager, Lead Process Engineer, or have equivalent experience
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You are extremely proficient with Jira and Confluence
- You are flexible and capable of supporting or blending multiple Agile frameworks
- You can coordinate the activities of multiple teams
- You are interested in expanding the breadth and depth of your ‘T-shaped’ skills
Nice to have, but not required
- You can use Python (or equivalent languages) to analyze the performance of your teams
- You know how complex systems should be tested to ensure a high-standard of quality
- You have working knowledge of cloud services like AWS, Azure, or GCP
- You have exposure to Kubernetes and its associated ecosystem
- You hold a CSM, CSPO, ACP, PMP, or PSM certification
- You’ve worked with large datasets
- You’ve worked on both the frontend and the backend
Technologies we love
- Languages: Python, SQL, JQL
- Tools: Jira, Jira Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps, Confluence, GitHub, Docker, Slack, G-Suite
- Datastores: Elasticsearch, Postgres, Neo4j
Why it’s great to work at Altana
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
Altana is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to inclusion across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical ability, veteran status, and national origin. We offer a comprehensive healthcare package and paid parental leave of 2 months for the primary caregiver and 1 month for the secondary caregiver.