At Altana we've built the first AI Knowledge Graph of the global supply chain -- the world’s most comprehensive representation of global commerce activity. This data asset, composed of billions of records, covers more than 40% of cross-border transactions, corporate ownership registries in over 100 countries, the global movements of goods, illicit web activity, and more. Built on this foundation, our proprietary machine learning technologies and products are designed to help customers manage risk, automate otherwise labor-intensive investigations, and better manage cross-border flows.
The Data Science/Data Analytics team is looking for talented Natural Language Processing (NLP) scientists and engineers to help build this vision. You’ll work closely with our Data Scientists on projects to analyze and observe world-scale datasets, write code that can scale to produce never before seen insights, and construct APIs to deliver our product vision.
This position can be worked remotely, but you should be comfortable working on New York time.
- Develop and deploy state-of-the-art Natural Language Processing capabilities
- Build and maintain distributed machine learning pipelines
- Analyze and propose technical solutions to invent, enable, and enhance our product offerings
- Be responsible for automating, testing, and deploying your work
- Collaborate with fellow engineers and data scientists across the organization
- You are experienced in building world scale products from scratch in a venture-backed, fast paced startup
- You hold an BS, MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or equivalent experience
- You have 3-10 years of real-world professional experience writing scalable NLP software
- You have experience developing capabilities to extract insights on diverse and incomplete language sets
- You have a track record of ownership and delivery of projects with major organizational impact
- You care deeply about engineering excellence, clean code, and knowledge-sharing
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have, but not required
- Experience with Python Machine Learning toolsets (Scikit-learn, Numpy, Pandas, Dedupe)
- Experience with container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of cloud services like AWS, Azure, or GCP
Technologies we love
- Languages: Python, Go, Java
- Tools: Docker, Git, Kubernetes, Swagger/OpenAPI, AWS
- Datastores: Elasticsearch, Postgres, Redshift, Neo4j
- Frameworks: BERT, LSTMs, CRFs, LDA
Why it’s great to work at Altana
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
Altana is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to inclusion across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical ability, veteran status, and national origin. We offer a comprehensive healthcare package and paid parental leave of 2 months for the primary caregiver and 1 month for the secondary caregiver.