At Altana we've built the first AI Knowledge Graph of the global supply chain -- the world’s most comprehensive representation of global commerce activity. This data asset, composed of billions of records, covers more than 40% of cross-border transactions, corporate ownership registries in over 100 countries, the global movements of goods, illicit web activity, and more. Built on this foundation, our proprietary machine learning technologies and products are designed to help customers manage risk, automate otherwise labor-intensive investigations, and better manage cross-border flows.
Our experienced technical team is looking for talented data science and engineering leaders to help build this vision. You’ll work closely with our data scientists on projects to analyze and observe world-scale datasets, write code that can scale to produce never before seen insights, and construct APIs to deliver our product vision.
This position can be worked remotely, or from our headquarters location in NYC.
- You will serve as manager and technical lead for a team of talented data scientists
- With the data science team, build machine learning systems to:
- Construct a network (knowledge graph) representation of the world from billions of semi-structured messy records in multiple scripts and languages (English, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Russian, Arabic, and more)
- Analyze and generate insight on the resultant network representations
- Apply modern and relevant classification, regression, and clustering techniques, including deep learning, to handle high dimensional feature and outcome distributions
- Utilize network analysis techniques from web/social/economic network analysis to analyze this novel knowledge graph
- Work directly with Altana’s VP of Engineering on the productionalization of these systems
- Opportunity to work with the top technical and domain experts on our advisory board, including Matt Jackson, Stanford professor and leading expert on economic networks
- Collaborate with fellow engineers and data scientists across the organization
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in an engineering or quantitative discipline, or equivalent work experience
- You have experience managing or leading machine learning teams, including experience building out high-performing data science
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have 7+ years of industry experience in machine learning applied in production settings
- You care deeply about machine learning excellence, clean code, and knowledge-sharing
Nice to have, but not required
- Experience with Knowledge Graph Construction
- Experience with modern production cloud and containerization technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes)
Why it’s great to work at Altana
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
Altana is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to inclusion across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical ability, veteran status, and national origin. We offer a comprehensive healthcare package and paid parental leave of 2 months for the primary caregiver and 1 month for the secondary caregiver.