To solve climate change, wealth inequality, supply chain stability, and national security we must change how our global supply chains work. Altana is a Trusted Commerce Platform built on a shared source of truth for the global supply chain. The purpose of Altana is to enable resilient, sustainable, secure, and inclusive global commerce: Globalization 2.0.
We have built a layer of shared intelligence across the world’s supply chain information: a living map of trillions of dollars of B2B commercial activity, covering 400M companies connected by billions of shipments. This knowledge graph powers Altana’s Trusted Commerce Platform - the Altana Atlas - which, after only three years since founding, is already used by many of the world’s most important governments, enterprises, and logistics providers.
Our product suite enables our customers to gain unprecedented visibility, benefit from shared artificial intelligence across a federated network of data, and interact across the network through a shared source of truth. We help our customers to build and manage trusted global supply chains.
The Data Science/Data Analytics team is looking for talented Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers to help build this vision. You’ll work closely with our Data Scientists on projects to analyze and observe world-scale datasets, write code that can scale to produce never before seen insights, and construct APIs to deliver our product vision.
This position can be worked remotely, but you should be comfortable working on New York time.
- Develop and deploy our Entity Resolution/Natural Language Processing platform
- Build and maintain distributed machine learning pipelines
- Analyze and propose technical solutions to invent, enable, and enhance our product offerings
- Be responsible for automating, testing, and deploying your work
- Collaborate with fellow engineers and data scientists across the organization
- You are experienced in building world scale products from scratch in a venture-backed, fast paced startup
- You hold an MS, or PhD degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or equivalent experience
- You have 3-10 years of real-world professional experience writing data science or machine learning software
- You have a track record of ownership and delivery of projects with major organizational impact
- You care deeply about engineering excellence, clean code, and knowledge-sharing
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have, but not required
- Experience with Python Machine Learning toolsets (Scikit-learn, Numpy, Pandas, Dedupe)
- Experience with container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of cloud services like AWS, Azure, or GCP
Technologies we love
- Languages: Python, Go, Java, Spark
- Tools: Docker, Git, Kubernetes, Swagger/OpenAPI, AWS, Azure
- Datastores: Databricks, Elasticsearch, Postgres, Redshift, Neo4j, ArangoDB
Salary Range: $140,000 - 220,000 (Negotiable and dependent on experience)
Why it’s great to work at Altana
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
Altana is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to inclusion across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical ability, veteran status, and national origin. We offer a comprehensive healthcare package and paid parental leave of 3 months for the primary caregiver and 1 month for the secondary caregiver.