Alt is on a mission to make investing in alternative assets as easy as investing in stocks. We are redefining alternative assets to include new asset classes that have historically been relegated to the territory of hobbyists and collectors, rather than investors. With Alt, we're turning sports cards – and eventually watches, sneakers, and art – into investable assets.
Our investors include VCs such as 776, First Round Capital, BoxGroup, SV Angel as well as notable angels such as the founders of Stripe, Blackrock and Coinbase. Some professional athletes, including Kevin Durant, Larry Fitzgerald, and Tobias Harris all across different sports have also invested in Alt.
Alt is a dedicated equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We celebrate our differences and strive to create an inclusive environment for all. We are focused on fostering a culture of empowerment which starts with providing our employees with the resources needed to reach their full potential.
What we are looking for:
An experienced Head of People for a fast-growing fintech startup who can focus on bringing in top talent and can execute thoughtful initiatives. Your main objectives will be to hire the best people, retain them, and ensure that they love working at Alt, and we will look to you to be creative in how we’ll hit these goals.
The successful candidate will be a people expert with a passion for entrepreneurial environments and a proven record of leading through growth. They will effectively build and manage talent acquisition, learning and development, employee engagement, compensation, HR business partner, and people operations (benefits, wellness, systems) functions. The ideal candidate is excited about the opportunity to lead the transformation of cultural assets into true investment-grade assets.
The impact you will make:
- Lead the strategic direction of the People function: create an amazing employee journey from the first interaction to when they are a seasoned employee.
- Collaborate with department heads to develop and implement learning and development programs to foster employee engagement and growth.
- Provide leadership and execution on compensation, career trajectories, and performance reviews.
- Review, revise, and administer a comprehensive range of employee benefit programs.
- Facilitate exceptional cultural and onboarding initiatives/experiences for all offices.
- Provide counsel on sensitive and difficult to resolve work-related issues and conduct investigations, where needed.
What you bring to the table:
- 7+ years of people operations/HR/BP experience, including 2+ years in a leadership role, preferably at a high-growth company
- 3+ years experience successfully managing at least 2 direct reports
- A+ execution on cross-functional coordination and communication
- Strategic perspective combined with creativity to create experiences that resonate with our employees and foster their growth
- Ability to manage the people operations function and the talent/recruiting function
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- You are flexible and quick to adapt to changing timelines and deliverables
- Willingness to learn and grow into a seasoned leader at a fast-growing company
- You are passionate about investing and are familiar with alternative assets (crypto, NFTs, etc).
What you will get from us:
- You will be given resources to help grow your personal brand and to position yourself as a thought leader in areas relevant to Alt.
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Alt team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company. The opportunities for growth are truly limitless.
- An inclusive company culture that is being built intentionally to foster an environment that supports and engages talent in their current and future endeavors.
- Stipend to invest in alternative assets
- 401k, work from home and wellness stipends
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- Competitive healthcare benefits, including HSA, for you and your dependent(s)