AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Our AI-based technology helps professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 1,800 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1200 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
Check out what we’ve built so far
We are looking for a Kubernetes and Cloud expert to be the Platform Core team’s Senior Cloud Platform Engineer (Kubernetes - Azure).
In this role, you will be working with Kubernetes clusters, including cluster lifecycle management, cluster architecture, and advanced troubleshooting operations. The person in the role is expected to become the go-to expert for Kubernetes at large, participating in high-level decision-making, while also being hands-on and involved in complex issues troubleshooting and resolution. Daily activities will range through the full technology stack used with Kubernetes clusters: from the OS to the Kubernetes control plane, the nodes and the cloud integrations, all the way to the applications and supporting services that enable modern day cloud native architectures.
Given our expansion to support Azure along AWS and GCP, at this point we’re also looking for someone with Azure experience to help us develop the building blocks required to make the best usage of Azure from a Kubernetes cluster perspective (cost effective, secure, fully integrated etc.). The role’s focus, however, is and will remain on Kubernetes (so do apply even if missing Azure experience).
- Provide scalable, reliable, cost-effective and secure Kubernetes clusters for AlphaSense development teams to run their solutions on multi-cloud environments
- Oversee cluster design, creation, and day-to-day operations including updates, upgrades, and monitoring
- Design (or improve) Kubernetes cluster lifecycle management systems and operations
- Support complex cluster-related issues such as those related to DNS resolution, scheduling, node resource exhaustion, and other critical processes
- Support and guide AlphaSense development teams to produce high quality and maintainable applications and services that run on Kubernetes in an efficient and reliable way
- Support and encourage Core Team colleagues to improve their Kubernetes skills and ideally contribute to the wider Kubernetes ecosystem (CNCF)
- Create (or simply re-create) and maintain comprehensive documentation for Kubernetes configurations, troubleshooting guides, and cluster management and operations best practices
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in the Kubernetes landscape and provide recommendations for improvements or new features. We will pair you up with world-class talent in cloud and software engineering and provide you with a position and environment for continuous learning
- Plus: Provide guidance in Azure adoption, such as improving on the Landing Zone design and integration, reviewing Terraform and Crossplan Azure specific resources etc.
- Strong experience with Kubernetes and the CNCF ecosystem
- Proven experience operating Kubernetes clusters with lifecycle management tools (e.g. Rancher, Anthos, CAPI or Crossplane). Design and implementation of cluster lifecycle management platforms is a plus
- In depth understanding and hands-on experience with Kubernetes components including API server, CNIs, scheduler, etc
- Solid understanding of networking, Linux, container orchestration, storage systems, cloud services, security protocols, and system monitoring tools
- Ample experience building highly automated cloud infrastructures with immutable infrastructure and IaC principles (using e.g. Terraform, Pulumi, Crossplane etc)
- Familiarity with the Kubernetes operator pattern and capability to design and implement custom operators (using e.g. Go, Rust, Nodejs etc)
- Scripting experience with Python or Shell
- Experience developing code in at least one high-level programming language (preferable on Go) is a plus
- Good understanding of modern development and operations processes and methodologies
- Experience designing, operating, and troubleshooting solutions in public cloud (Azure preferred)
- Communication skills and ability to work both in a team environment and independently
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) or Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) is a plus (but we prefer proven experience and open source contributions).
What we offer
- Playing a part in the story of a fast growing company
- Interesting career opportunities and training
- Relocation support for single employees, couples and families
- While we do have an office in Helsinki, we’re a distributed company. We value outcomes over time, and offer flexible working arrangements. We usually meet at the office once a week.
- Private healthcare services from Terveystalo
- 2 weeks of vacation granted up front, and possibility to use vacation days as they accrue
- Access to gym room, gaming room, free parking near the office, mobile phone, Lunch benefit, mobile plan, home internet, remote work equipment, and many more.
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form.