Location: New, York, New York
Reports to: Accounting Manager
AlphaSense is a market intelligence and search platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including equity research, company filings, event transcripts, expert calls, news, trade journals, and clients’ own research content.
Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, Germany, India, and Singapore. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com
About the Team:
The AlphaSense Finance team is responsible for efficiently driving the creation of enterprise value by enabling strategic, financial, and operational decision making across the business. We exist to help the company make intelligent, data-driven decisions through financial analysis; scenario modeling; forecasting; creating, tracking, interpreting and disseminating key performance indicators; and by serving as a critical thought partner to senior leadership.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Accounting Manager in our New York City HQ, the position will be responsible for a variety of accounting activities and working alongside other accounting team members. You will work as part of a growing team at a well-funded growth-stage tech company and there will be significant opportunities for rapid career advancement.
Who You Are:
- Have 4+ years of total experience with a mix of public accounting and industry experience preferred; SaaS experience a plus
- CPA certified
- Strong sense of ownership (own the end-to-end process)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter with excellent time and self-management skills & ability to prioritize
- High attention to detail, critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with a good business judgment
- Proficient in MS Office
- Fluent in English
- Experience in using accounting software (Sage Intacct a plus, but not required)
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in managing the month-end close process to ensure timely and accurate monthly reconciliation of accounts for the various entities under the AlphaSense umbrella.
- Assist in various accounting functions such as accounts payable analysis, payroll reconciliation, expense report processing, and other ad-hoc general accounting-related tasks.
- Prepare and review journal entries in conformity with established procedures.·
- Prepare and review analysis of various balance sheet and P&L accounts.·
- Identify critical issues that must be raised to a higher level for decision making.·
- Liaise closely with internal departments to ensure all monthly transactions are properly booked.·
- Assess the effectiveness of controls and understand internal control design concepts sufficient in their area and to design new processes and controls for emerging and growing business activities.·
- Identify and implement process improvements and automation opportunities to drive positive change across the organization.·
- Lead delivery of accounting tasks and projects
- Assist with Audit request (Quarterly/Annual US Audit, Non-US Stat Audits).
- Responsibilities to change as company grows.
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.
Base Compensation Range*: $125,000 - $145,000
Additional Components: You may also be offered a performance-based bonus, equity, and a generous benefits program.
*For base compensation, we set standard ranges for all US-based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies and internal comparables. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience/expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.