AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world’s leading companies and financial institutions. Our AI-based technology helps professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research.
- Total of $525M+ in VC funding – Series D funding in Jun’22 with a valuation of $1.8B
- Trusted by 3,500+ enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500.
- 1000+ people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India
For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
Check out what we’ve built so far:
- We are looking for a candidate who is ready to work in NY or EST shift hrs.
Reporting to Billing & Collections Manager with daily/weekly and monthly invoicing and revenue reporting, the position will be responsible for a variety of accounting activities focused on billing, client communications and collections. You will work as part of a growing team at a well-funded growth-stage tech company, will have direct communications with clients, and will have a significant opportunity to advance your career as the company scales.
- Enter client and contract data, generate sales orders and invoices within the billing system and ensure they are delivered successfully to clients
- Serve as an escalation point when needed for individual customer requests
- Understand information flow throughout the entire order to cash workflow and how it integrates and interacts with other departments.
- Deal directly with customers’ AP departments: completing forms, registering with portals, responding to other vendor setup requests
- Take initiative to find resolutions for internal and external customers and follow tasks through to resolution
- Collaborate with the sales ops team and sales reps to ensure agreements meet internal standards and are ready to invoice.
- Answering invoice questions from clients and routing requests internally as needed
- Special projects as needed.
- Must have 8-10 years of experience in Billing.
- Should have 2+ years of experience in leading a team.
- Experience with SaaS optics, Sage Intacct, and Salesforce will be preferred.
- Strong customer service skills
- To provide effective training and guidance to new employees
- Customer query resolution and root cause analysis-Lean method
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; attention to detail and follow through.
- Conduct performance reviews - Drives team performance and motivates team to achieve business goals and customer satisfaction with his/her expertise.
- Stakeholder Management - Manages transitions and proactively works towards capacity utilization with continuous collaboration with stakeholders.
- Administers Financial Management Process - Drives volume management between sites considering business plan requirements.
- Administers Compliance and Quality Process - Conducts operational audits to ensure effective operational performance.
- Succession Planning - Continuously work towards people development to next levels.
- Assesses performance indicators to determine areas meeting and failing below business expectations Handles escalations and queries for customers.
- Identifies and suggests end-to-end process improvements to improve customer experience.
- Determines employees training needs to produce continuous development plans.
- Provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Identifies and implements changes and process improvements to maximize efficiency, decrease errors, and reduce costs within the department.
- Ability to work in a highly measured, fast-paced, production environment.
- To work in 4pm IST to 1am IST shift
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the smooth running of the Billing function in order to ensure the accuracy and integrity of sales reported.
- Supervising the work of two Billing Assistants
- Ensuring that these Billings Assistants are trained and assisted to perform their duties.
- Ensuring that all invoices are processed and imported into the system to the correct customer.
- Always suggesting ideas for improvement to the billing process, to simplify & shorten the time and effort required.
- Escalate any billing issues to the team and to the Sales department in order to complete the ensuring that billings are up to date.
- Assisting with the year end audit in relation to all billing queries; and assisting them with other ad hoc exercises as and when requested by the Head of Finance or CFO
- Superb organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Able to meet deadlines, work well under pressure and prioritize work.
- Proven track record of being adaptable to change in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Be collaborative, hard-working and team focused.
- Be able to hit the ground running with minimal training.
- Be confident in solving problems and multi-tasking.
- Be confident with systems and accounting packages.
- Should be good in daily, weekly and monthly reporting with intent to meet billing deadlines.