AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 1,800 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 450 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
Check out what we’ve built so far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5d2ELsTvkw
AlphaSense culture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvkCzvolyaY
Your job as a cloud security engineer is to support our expanding security engineering team in Helsinki. In this role you will partner with developers, deployment engineers to contribute and design AlphaSense production environments for our enterprise customers. Your work will affect AlphaSense applications, services and systems, both present and future. Your activities will include threat modeling, crafting and executing risk mitigation strategies. You will collaborate with partner teams on security stack design, penetration, and security testing methodologies to maintain security at AlphaSense. You will experience a rapidly evolving technology and threat landscape and contribute to the education of teams on secure application design, development, and testing.
At AlphaSense, you will have a unique opportunity to shape our security strategy and build a world class security team.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead secure and robust cloud deployments at scale for web and mobile applications in an AWS cloud infrastructure
- Arrange and provide support to business units launching new technology applications and services to verify that new products/offerings are not at risk of misconfiguration, compromise or information leakage
- Understand the architecture of applications including identifying AWS security controls and partnering with the development, infrastructure, and product teams to determine proportionate controls
- Set the security strategy for infrastructure and application build, deployment, monitoring, and operation
- Partner closely with Engineering teams to ensure a world class security environment
- Model and identify potential risks in designs, configuration, code, or deployed systems along with designing and implementing mitigation options
- Help to improve our systems through scripting, automation, data/analytics, and building new security tooling capabilities from the ground up.
Who you are:
- Strong security engineering experience of greater than 5 years in deploying and securing cloud-based applications preferably AWS
- Experience in kubernetes container environment security
- Deep understanding of AWS services: GuardDuty, CloudTrail, IAM, WAF & Firewall Manager, KMS, Secrets Manager, Config, Service Control Policies
- Experience working in partnership with software engineering organizations to influence and build productive partnerships
- Knowledge of cloud security tools : Hashicorp Vault, Datadog SIEM, Snyk
- Thorough understanding of SDLC, as well software security maturity models, such as Building Security In Maturity Model (BSIMM) or OWASP Software Assurance Maturity Model (SAMM)
- Demonstrated practice of keeping current with new and emerging tools and technologies relevant to Secure Enterprise Architecture
- Cloud Architecture and how applications/data can be managed and secured in the cloud as well as integration patterns to support hybrid implementation patterns.
What we offer:
- Playing a part in the story of a fast growing company
- Competitive compensation package
- Interesting career opportunities and training
- Very highly skilled colleagues
- Tea, coffee and soft drinks at office
- Gym, game room, parking or public transport benefit
- Hybrid work supported 100%
- Home internet and mobile phone
- Lunch and recreational benefits
- Occupational health care
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form.
If you have questions, our Security Lead (Neeraj Saini) is happy to answer them by email via email@example.com