About the Team:
The Data & Analytics team works across AlphaSense to make data an asset for growth. We do that through infrastructure, process, well-modeled and documented data, analysis, and deep partnership with the business. In addition to technical leadership, we partner across departments to raise the analytics bar, drive operational improvement, and support growth. Our work spans BI dashboards for business and executive users, ML models for critical business challenges, and data & infrastructure to support our AI engineers.
We are seeking a passionate Senior Data Engineer to help create the next big thing in data analysis.
You will join our Data & Analytics organization and will be integral to building out a best-in-class data architecture which will support reporting, analytics and data science across the whole company. As a Senior Data Engineer, you’ll be integral in building out our world class data platform. You’ll help create fault-tolerant data pipelines, all-inclusive data lakes and build out a highly scalable data warehouse which will support operations across AlphaSense.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years experience with general purpose programming language, preferably python.
- Strong experience writing high quality SQL scripts and creating functional data models
- Strong background in ETL and data processing, familiar with how to transform data to meet business goals
- Experience with massive scale relational databases (especially BigQuery) is a big plus
- Significant experience and exposure to test-driven development and automated testing frameworks
- Self-starter with the ability to think and operate enterprise-wide in order to implement holistic systems and solutions supporting critical business needs
- Strong problem solver and collaborator with a record of getting big things done
- Strong experience with data modeling and scheduling tools like dbt and Apache Airflow
- BS, MS degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field
- Strong communication skills and ability to work both in a team environment and independently
What You’ll Do:
- Collect data from multiple internal and external systems and convert it into the source of truth for multiple domains across Alphasense
- Build scalable data pipelines leveraging Airflow scheduler/executor framework and dbt
- Work with the team to build POCs with innovative applications like Apache Spark, Databricks and graph databases
- Work with internal/external analysts, data scientists and business teams to model and build a highly scalable data warehouse that caters to the whole organization
- Partner with engineers, analysts and business stakeholders from various teams to build data insights and help them to answer important questions
- Ensure reliable and secure production and pre-production environments
- Maintain and actively harden infrastructure shared across the data and analytics teams.
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s
commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.