AlphaSense is a search engine for market intelligence that transforms how decisions are made by the world’s leading corporations and financial institutions. Leveraging AI and NLP technology, AlphaSense enables knowledge professionals to extract insights in seconds from thousands of disparate data sources, including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Founded in 2011 and backed by investors including Innovation Endeavors and Soros Fund Management, AlphaSense is on a mission to empower organizations to make data-driven decisions with confidence.
About the Team:
AlphaSense Product Development Organization is composed of great talent across Product, User Experience & Engineering – a team of creative technologists who drive the innovation, execution & delivery of our product each & every day.
At our core, we're here as a partner to the broader business – which we do by identifying customer problems, understanding market needs, & devising ways to deliver world class user experiences.
Reporting to Chris Ackerson - VP of Product.
AlphaSense’s mission is to organize the world’s business information & leverage technology to enable companies to make smarter, faster & more confident decisions.
Chris is a cornerstone to that mission as leader of our Product Management organization. Previously, he worked as an engineer and product manager at IBM Watson designing the next generation of machine learning platforms. In his free time, you can probably find Chris at the rock climbing gym or planning his next backcountry hiking trip.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our Alerts team to help drive the vision, strategy and roadmap for our industry-leading AI-powered monitoring solutions. You will be expected to leverage data to measure the performance of our email alerts and to influence the definition and prioritization of enhancements and new feature development across email, mobile and desktop notifications. You will work closely with UX, Engineering, Marketing, & Sales to launch best-in-class experiences to ensure we continue to accelerate the delivery of key insights to AlphaSense users.
Who You Are:
- A Subject Matter Expert: You have a proven track record for developing, managing & launching great products that delight users
- Data-oriented: You are an expert at making cases with data, with boundless curiosity about our users & what can make them successful. You have experience with & understand the complexity of evaluating activation funnels
- Entrepreneurial: You have proven experience driving feature adoption through experimentation and continuous improvement
- An Advocate for the User: You possess the ability to empathize with and understand our users and have an obsession with delivering better and better user experiences
What You’ll Do:
- Define our alerts vision & strategy across a cross-functional team, partnering with Product, UX, Engineering, Marketing, & Sales
- Drive research efforts to understand customer needs & inform priorities / product decisions
- Perform market analysis to understand opportunities to extend alerts features to new types of users and with new business models
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Translate business goals to user stories to clear requirements for development teams
- Work closely with engineering and QA to ensure features meet acceptance criteria. Show the sort of attention to detail in acceptance testing that comes from caring deeply about the quality of the product
- Lead the full product lifecycle from ideation to user research, design, development, launch & monitoring for product features
- Be the voice of the customer & deeply understand AlphaSense user personas and their respective needs and workflows
- Measure the success & impact of your products and features
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.