Location: New York City
Reports to: Senior Manager, People Operations
AlphaSense is a search engine for market intelligence that transforms how decisions are made by the world’s leading corporations and financial institutions. Leveraging AI and NLP technology, AlphaSense enables knowledge professionals to extract insights in seconds from thousands of disparate data sources, including company filings, event transcripts, news and trade journals, and equity research. Founded in 2011 and backed by investors including Innovation Endeavors and Soros Fund Management, AlphaSense is on a mission to empower organizations to make data-driven decisions with confidence.
About the Role:
We are looking for a People Data Analyst, specifically focused on building strategic metric-based insights using quantitative and qualitative data from a variety of People systems, including Applicant Tracking Systems (Greenhouse), enterprise HRIS (Success Factors, Workday, PeopleSoft), and other data ingestion and visualization tools. The incoming People Data Analyst will be tasked with building and administering an ecosystem of databases, reporting and analytics. This is a pivotal role as we scale and will have a direct impact on the long term sustainability of the organization
Who You Are:
- You are an accomplished People data guru who has built what others said could not be built. You have optimized what others believed was good enough. You have combed through vast amounts of data where identifying themes and telling compelling stories was just another Thursday afternoon for you.
- You are an incredibly strong communicator and a storyteller
- You are obsessed with data, and even more excited about leveraging AI
- You’re a teacher and are the best at visualizing your work
- You have experience building new and optimizing existing global databases - from the simple (Google Sheets & Slides) to the complex (bigquery / looker / Tableau)
- You are detail oriented and THRIVE in massive data sets
- You are a pragmatic and thoughtful business partner who understands the importance teamwork and collaboration
- You think systemically; you understand people systems and the interdependencies they have on other tools, procedures and stakeholders.
- You are a marketer, and understand how to measure the ROI of employment branding and job posting campaigns
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a deep understanding of our People analytic capabilities and resources to address the needs of employees around the organization with the end result of positively impacting the employee experience
- Partner with our HRIS team to ensure that our People system capabilities align with our analytical needs to support our People strategy
- Partner with People leadership to transform data insights into compelling narratives conveyed through engaging presentations, written reports, data visualization tools (looker), etc...
- Centralize and ensure compliance of all global People data (GDPR)
- Partner with People Operations colleagues to deliver insights for talent pipeline forecasting and management as well as long term talent capacity and capability planning
- Ensure the measurement and effectiveness of People programs, Goals, and KPIs through thoughtful system integrations, reporting and data integrity audits
- Implement standardized reporting capabilities that enable the building of predictive analytic capabilities for the People team which will drive strong People capital management through talent insights
- Analyze and improve People data, including evaluating new tools and relevant data aggregation and visualization applications
- Advanced experience with API development, Google Sheets (Google App Script & formulas), or other HR or BI software (Looker / Tableau) - Excel (VBA) experience not required but a plus
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.