Location: New York, NY or London, UK preferred (other locations considered)
Reports to: Global Head of Broker Relations
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 1,800 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 450 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Team:
The Content team is responsible for identifying, creating, licensing and integrating best-in-class unstructured and structured data that is both self-sourced and from third party content providers. The team reports to the Chief Content Officer and has strategy, product management and support responsibilities for each Content vertical. We have been experiencing a rapid growth cycle across all content sets and within the Broker Research team. We value and uphold transparency, trust and accountability in our relationships within the team and with internal and external stakeholders.
About the Role:
AlphaSense seeks an individual with an in-depth knowledge of the research written and distributed by Sell-Side Research Departments and Independent Research Firms. Understanding the workflows and entitlement requirements of the contributing firms and consumers: buy-side/sell-side, investment banking, consultants, corporates and other client types is essential. This individual strives to deeply understand what research and data matters to these users and delivers new content and related partnerships to meet those desires.
Who You Are:
- Experience in financial services at a research/content vendor and/or client with specific focus on Investment Research required
- Solid existing relationships with and knowledge of a variety of research/content providers
- Strong experience with commercial and contractual negotiation with research contributors, including ability to creatively navigate through complex commercial terms and blockers to result in mutually agreeable and beneficial terms for all parties
- Effective communication skills working with internal colleagues and external broker contacts at all levels
- Subject-matter expertise with research feeds, metadata, assorted document, and research delivery types a plus
- Experience working with globally distributed teams in different time zones
- Strong analytical skills and outstanding attention to detail
- A superior ability to set priorities, stay focused and meet deadlines
- Solid Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Google Sheets/Google Docs/Google Slides experience
- B2B SaaS and/or enterprise software application company experience
What You’ll Do:
- Develop new relationships and manage ongoing relationships with key decision makers (DOR, COO and Research Distribution Managers) of Sell-Side Research Departments and Independent Research Firms
- Prospect for new research sources and partners, creating and maintaining a constant pipeline of opportunities
- Introduce ideas for new research/content to be considered for integration into the AlphaSense product
- Negotiate commercial and contractual arrangements with new research/content partners
- Manage renewals and renegotiation as necessary with existing research/content partners
- Assist in project management of partnership initiatives with research/content providers
- Analyze other relevant competing products in the market and interact with customers to understand their workflows and pain points and gather and document actionable feedback
- In coordination with the research product managers and other stakeholders, contribute to the successful launch of research/content into the market, including the creation of announcements, marketing collateral, documentation, user training and internal training
- Monitor client usage of research within the AlphaSense products
- Coordinate with Finance on the calculation of royalties and preparation of usage reports prior to presenting to the research contributors
- Track industry trends and deliver competitive intelligence to better evolve product vision
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.