Reporting to the Accounting Manager in our New York City HQ, the position will be responsible for overseeing the accounting function of the Indian entity and working alongside a junior accountant. You will work as part of a growing team at a well-funded growth-stage tech company and there will be significant opportunities for rapid career advancement.
- Ensure timely and accurate income statement recognition in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Ensure accounting transactions are accurately reflected for each month’s closing
- Identify critical issues that must be raised to a higher level for decision making
- Prepare journal entries in conformity with established procedures
- Prepare and review analysis of various balance sheet and P&L accounts
- Prepare month end journal entries and support the monthly close process to ensure timely and accurate monthly reconciliation of accounts for the various entities under the AlphaSense umbrella
- Liaise closely with internal departments to ensure all monthly transactions are properly booked
- Understand internal control design concepts sufficient to assess the effectiveness of controls in their area and to design new processes and controls for emerging and growing business activities.
- Strong sense of ownership (own the End-to-End process).
- Ability to identify and implement process improvement and automation opportunities to drive positive change across the organization.
- Lead delivery of accounting tasks and projects.
- Assist with Audit request (Quarterly/Annual Audit, Stat Audit, and Sales Tax Audit)
- Responsibilities to change as company grows
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- CA/CPA preferred
- Experience with a Big 4 firm with focus on small/medium enterprises preferred
- A self-starter who can operate independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office is required
- Fluent in English
- Experience in using accounting software (Sage Intacct a plus, but not required)