Location: New York, NY
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 1,800 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 450 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Role:
We are looking for a passionate reliability guru who will act as an amplifying agent for the team. Your mission is to make our product as reliable as Swiss watch brands, raising our bar from 99.9% to 99.99% uptime.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading, growing, and motivating a team of SRE engineers around the globe, building it from the ground up! The team will further support our strong software engineers and empower collective ownership of reliability in our production systems.
In addition to possessing excellent leadership skills, the ideal candidate will also be a highly skilled engineer with knowledge of code and automation. You will also have a solid aim to improve existing systems and processes.
We are looking for a strong experience in exchange for giving you trust pairing with top talent in cloud and software engineering to create the right environment, with power, freedom, and the opportunity to super-charge your career.
About the Team:
AlphaSense Product Development Organization is composed of great talent across Product, User Experience & Engineering – a team of creative technologists who drive the innovation, execution & delivery of our product each and every day.
At our core, we're here as a partner to the broader business – which we do by identifying customer problems, understanding market needs, and devising ways to deliver world class user experiences.
Who you are:
- You possess strong experience in Kubernetes, Helm, Prometheus, FluentD, Grafana, and other Cloud-Native solutions
- You have effective skills for ensuring production uptime and stability by focusing on observability, reliability, availability, performance, capacity
- Strong experience in building effective processes for continuous improvements of Service Level Objectives (SLOs), mean time to identification (MTTI), mean time to resolution (MTTR), and mean time to failure (MTTF)
- Experience in one or more of the following: Java, Go, NodeJS, React, Python
- Experience in facilitation of affective rotations (we use PagerDuty for all engineers participating in rotations during working hours)
- Be a highly collaborative team player who can build strong relationships at all levels of the organization (Product, Engineering, Security, Sales)
- Any additional experience in search is an advantage!
What you’ll do:
- Provide leadership in iteratively defining & refining reliability processes and adoption strategies as the SRE practice grows
- Motivate, lead and develop a team of SRE engineers that you will be forming from the ground up
- Focus on automation, removing manual toil providing our systems
- Opportunity to play a major part in the success of a fast growth company
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.