Location: New York, NY (other locations considered)
Reports to: Senior Product Manager – Broker Research
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 1,800 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 450 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Team:
The Content team is responsible for identifying, creating, licensing and integrating best-in-class unstructured and structured data that is both self-sourced and from third party content providers. The team reports to the Chief Content Officer and has strategy, product management and support responsibilities for each Content vertical. We have been experiencing a rapid growth cycle across all content sets and within the Broker Research team. We value and uphold transparency, trust and accountability in our relationships within the team and with external and internal stakeholders.
About the Role:
The Product Manager – Broker & Independent Research – we seek has a passion for investment research and a deep understanding of the business model for real-time broker research and independent research providers its consumers - buy-side and corporate clients. They must be equally adept in their understanding of the aftermarket research business and its consumers – sell side, corporate, and consulting clients. This individual will also understand and have worked with various brokers and independent research providers and be capable of articulating a vision for research on AlphaSense in order to deliver a research experience that delights.
Who You Are:
- Deep experience in financial services with specific focus on broker research required.
- Familiarity with broker research entitlements & readership reporting requirements.
- Solid existing relationships with numerous broker research departments and key decision makers.
- Effective communication skills working with brokers and 3rd party content aggregators.
- Significant content delivery experience using iterative / agile development methodologies.
- Subject-matter expertise with content feeds, research metadata (RIXML), assorted document delivery types, entitlements, linkbacks, and usage tracking metrics for MiFID.
- A proven track record of delivering content from initial engagement to release.
- Experience working with distributed teams.
- Strong analytical skills and outstanding attention to detail.
- A superior ability to set priorities, stay focused and meet deadlines.
- Solid Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Google Sheets/Google Docs/Google Slides experience.
- B2B SaaS and/or enterprise software application company experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and maintain strong new and ongoing broker and independent research relationships with key decision makers, product and technology teams at individual broker and independent research firms.
- Project manage partnership initiatives with research providers.
- Take ownership of the full life cycle of research integration, from definition to diligence to implementation, testing, delivery, feedback and on-going enhancements.
- Analyze other relevant competing products in the market and interact with customers to understand their workflows and pain points and gather and document actionable feedback.
- Create and manage a project roadmap by working with development teams to understand and optimize costs, benefits, and timelines for all aspects of implementation.
- Applying agile development methodology and working iteratively with engineers and various stakeholders to define scope and deliver features and improvements rapidly, while iterating to make improvements.
- Creating specifications and communicating detailed requirements and user stories to the engineering teams and working in constant collaboration to ensure on-time delivery.
- Contributing to the successful launch of content into the market, including the creation of announcements, marketing collateral, documentation, user training and internal training.
- Track industry trends and deliver competitive intelligence to better evolve product vision.
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.