AlphaSense provides an AI-powered business insights platform, used by the largest and fastest-growing firms globally. Our mission is to curate and semantically index the world’s financial and market research content, including the vast high-value content sets that traditional web search engines cannot reach. With 1000+ clients, AlphaSense helps knowledge professionals become dramatically more productive, and gain an information edge by discovering critical data points and trends that others miss.
We are seeking a world-class Lead Engineer to build the next big thing in data analysis and search solutions.
You will join the Search Engine team where you will be focusing on search engine development powering the AlphaSense product.
In this role you will act as an amplifying agent for the team. Your mission is to make the search faster, more reliable, and highly scalable and to build a flexible search engine platform for power features across the product. Your actions ultimately have a critical impact on customer satisfaction. In your every-day activities you will be taking part in project planning as well as taking part in execution of highly technical and interesting challenges.
We will pair you up with top-talent in devops, cloud and software engineering, and give you the right environment, with power, freedom and the opportunity to super-charge your career.
What we ask from you:
- Proven track record in leading complex software projects
- Years of experience with large scale databases and information retrieval
- Solid hands on experience with AlphaSense search stack: Apache Solr and SolrCloud, Apache Lucene, Apache Zookeeper, Elasticsearch.
- Any additional experience in search is an advantage!
- You know how to scale, perhaps even using Kubernetes, and used to be the best Java developer in the team, perhaps still are?
- You possess a knack at lifting others to achieve the same level of excellence you expect from yourself
What we offer:
- Opportunity to play a major part in the success of a fast growth company
- Competitive compensation package
- Very highly skilled colleagues
- Tea, coffee and soft drinks at office
- Gym, game room, parking or public transport benefit
- Home internet and mobile phone
- Lunch and recreational benefits
- Occupational health care