We are seeking an innovative Lead Software Engineer to help create the next big thing in data analysis and search solutions.
You will join our team of world-class experts developing the AlphaSense platform. The team is right at the very core of what we do and responsible for implementing the cutting-edge technology for scalable, distributed processing of millions of documents.
As the technical lead, you will focus on solving larger technical challenges while leading the effort to design, build and configure applications and act as the primary point of contact.
The ideal candidate has strong Java skills accompanied by solid experience with working with cloud computing. You should be able to work with your team and inspire them to reach their goals. You should always be expanding your industry knowledge and be able to quickly identify problems. Outstanding technical leads are accountable, trustworthy, and able to build lasting relationships with their teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop product expertise, technical mastery, and lead a team.
- Determine Project Requirements & design effective solutions to complex problems.
- Ensure effective delegation to reach the delivery goals with high-quality output while team members are mentored and guided effectively
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues. Identify risks and form contingency plans as soon as possible.
- Evolve technical maturity and ability of the organization by applying new technology and practices through constant learning and innovation.
- Collaborate with teams in global locations and across functions. Communicate directly with the product and other stakeholders.
- Ensure team performance and inspire the team to grow their skills-set. Effectively mentor junior members of the team.
- Follow the engineering processes, DevOps practices, and trends inside the company (monitoring, alerting, performance optimization, integration testing, design documentation) and make sure the teams improve related knowledge as well
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Software Development with 5+ years of proficiency in Java and a strong hands-on experience in Java8.
- Minimum 2 years experience developing applications in Spring/Springboot
- Worked with at least one RDBMS and good to have exposure to NoSQL solutions like MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc
- Experience designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available and distributed systems using MicroServices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to share thoughts and ideas clearly, concisely, and persuasively.
- Experience in a similar role, leading multiple team members
Nice to have
- Worked on search engine technologies like Solr, Elastic Search.
- Experience with working on Dockers, K8s
- Working knowledge on cloud services. Specifically AWS