Location: New York, NY
Reports to: Global Head of People Operations
AlphaSense is a search engine for market intelligence that transforms how decisions are made by the world’s leading corporations and financial institutions. Leveraging AI and NLP technology, AlphaSense enables knowledge professionals to extract insights in seconds from thousands of disparate data sources, including company filings, event transcripts, news and trade journals, and equity research. Founded in 2011 and backed by investors including Innovation Endeavors and Soros Fund Management, AlphaSense is on a mission to empower organizations to make data-driven decisions with confidence.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Global Head of People Operations the Director of Total Rewards will drive success by bringing your compensation and benefits expertise to our People Operations team. In this position, you will partner with Finance, Legal, Talent Acquisition, People Ops and Senior Leadership to understand our employees and AlphaSense’s global compensation and benefits needs. You will design best in class Total Rewards programs that help attract and retain the best talent globally. As a leader with vision, we’ll look to you to navigate social and economic changes, build structure and ensure compliance at a time of rapid growth. You will get hands-on when needed to drive positive change throughout the company. As we continue to scale, you will leverage your experience to educate our People Partners, Leaders and Managers on pay decisions, policy, and job evaluations. You are constantly learning about emerging market trends and delivering data-driven recommendations to build a global program fit for a scaling organization.
Who You Are:
- You are an experienced Benefits and Total Rewards professional with the ability to create policy and drive internal education and adoption.
- You have experience working in a global hyper-growth environment, preferably with experience scaling benefits and compensation in a rapidly changing environment.
- You are a strong communicator with the ability to drive organizational change through partnership with employees at all levels of the organization.
- You are an expert in using employee feedback to guide benefits offerings.
- You are obsessed with data and applying insights to create sustainable, scalable policies that drive retention and engagement.
- You are a skilled storyteller, with the ability to turn quantitative data into a qualitative tale.
- You are a DEI champion with demonstrated success creating and implementing strategy, specifically related to benefits and compensation.
What You'll Do:
- You will have 10+ years of experience in global compensation and benefits; experience working for pre-IPO and/or publicly traded companies preferred
- Build and lead a team of compensation and benefits experts spanning across the administration of employee salaries, commissions, discretionary bonuses, equity (stock options and RSUs), medical/dental/vision plans, ancillary insurance offerings, memberships and discounts, retirement (pension and 401k), and leaves of absence.
- Evaluate, design, implement, and communicate compensation and benefit strategies across our global teams in the United States, United Kingdom, Finland, and India.
- Design short and long term incentive programs that reward AlphaSense employees
- Partner and participate with external market data providers like Radford to establish a job architecture that is scalable over time.
- Build a scalable job architecture by evaluating job duties, competencies, values and levels
- Implement policies and procedures to ensure equitable and competitive employee compensation
- Own and administer AlphaSense’s equity and bonus plans.
- Stay current with federal, state, and regional legislation changes
- Evaluate the benefits programs including: insurance programs, retirement plans, sick leave, time off and vacation policies.
- Ensures programs are current with regard to trends, practices and costs.
- Coordinates vendor management, wellness and health education initiatives.
- Negotiates coverage services and costs with carriers.
- Play a major role in the selection, administration and maintenance of benefit brokers, carrier and insurance relationships.
- Administer the company’s pension and retirement plans (401k)
- Ensure compliance with ACA, SOC2, non-discrimination testing, worker’s compensation, and other regulatory reporting requirements.
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.