Location: New York, NY
AlphaSense is a search engine for market intelligence that transforms how decisions are made by the world’s leading corporations and financial institutions. Leveraging AI and NLP technology, AlphaSense enables knowledge professionals to extract insights in seconds from thousands of disparate data sources, including company filings, event transcripts, news and trade journals, and equity research. Founded in 2011 and backed by investors including Innovation Endeavors and Soros Fund Management, AlphaSense is on a mission to empower organizations to make data-driven decisions with confidence.
About the Team:
AlphaSense Product Development Organization is composed of great talent across Product, User Experience & Engineering – a team of creative technologists who drive the innovation, execution & delivery of our product each and every day.
At our core, we're here as a partner to the broader business – which we do by identifying customer problems, understanding market needs, and devising ways to deliver world class user experiences.
About the Role:
You will join our AI Research team developing the cutting edge deep learning, NLP and ranking systems that power AlphaSense Search and Recommendations. You have a deep understanding of the latest neural network architectures and information retrieval strategies, you follow the latest AI research, and are driven to apply what you know to real-world applications. You’ll work closely with a world-class search engineering team to integrate algorithms and measure their impact.
Who You Are:
- Ideally, you have an advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field with a focus on machine learning, but equivalent industry experience may be considered
- Familiar with the state-of-the-art deep learning and natural language processing research
- Proficient with deep learning frameworks like PyTorch and TensorFlow, and libraries such as HuggingFace
- Possess basic understanding of search engine architecture, components and algorithms in particular query processing and learning to rank
- A strong engineer who can write well-designed high quality code and tests
- An excellent communicator with strong organizational, problem-solving, debugging and analytical skills
- If you have experience in applying machine learning to search -- that’s a huge plus and we’d love to hear from you!
What You’ll Do:
- Develop highly scalable machine learning based document ranking models and take them all the way to production
- Perform cutting edge research in deep learning, machine learning, natural language processing and ranking algorithms to improve search quality
- Work closely with Product Management to translate product requirements into machine learning architectures
- Own all the stages of search quality from design, code, train, test, deployment and iteration
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.