Reports to: VP, Demand Generation
AlphaSense is a search engine for market intelligence that transforms how decisions are made by the world’s leading corporations and financial institutions. Leveraging AI and NLP technology, AlphaSense enables knowledge professionals to extract insights in seconds from thousands of disparate data sources, including company filings, event transcripts, news and trade journals, and equity research. Founded in 2011 and backed by investors including Innovation Endeavors and Soros Fund Management, AlphaSense is on a mission to empower organizations to make data-driven decisions with confidence.
About the Team:
AlphaSense Marketing is a revenue and pipeline focused marketing team that encompasses demand generation, product marketing, corporate communications, PR / AR, brand, customer marketing, content marketing, and events. At our core, we’re here to support AlphaSense’s growth, which we do by contributing to pipeline and revenue; developing a brand that’s widely known to the markets we serve; and encouraging user engagement both within our product and with our brand.
About the Role:
AlphaSense is looking for an ambitious, highly innovative marketing leader to own our website strategy and digital marketing. We firmly believe one of the keys to sustainable growth is building a world-class demand gen engine and to be successful, we need 1) a creative, hyper-focused web strategy that highlights the value of the AlphaSense product, 2) a website built to be a revenue driving machine, and 3) extremely effective and cost-efficient paid programs across multiple channels.
The Director of Web Strategy & Digital Marketing will have a unique opportunity unlike any other. With a brand-new website CMS (WordPress), you will have the opportunity to bring the AlphaSense product to the forefront of our web strategy and use it to fuel virality, conversions, and growth. For this role to be successful, you will need to execute on highly strategic, cross-functional web initiatives that showcase the product and connect all digital marketing experiences into one cohesive prospect/customer journey. You will also work with your team and an agency to strategize and execute all web and paid media initiatives for AlphaSense.
We are looking for a leader that is humble, extremely motivated, and can inspire members of the marketing team to be better versions of themselves. Our culture is fun, encouraging, and supportive.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a robust website strategy that incorporates the use of our product APIs, product-led growth initiatives, and is rooted in thoughtful content mapping, optimization, and prospect/customer journeys.
- You will own the CMS (WordPress), Analytics Stack (Google Analytics), and work closely with marketing operations to solidify website reporting as it relates to growth, SEO visibility, productive user journeys, testing & experimentation, lead acquisition, pipeline, and closed-won revenue.
- Key areas of focus include enabling product-led growth; highlighting the value of AlphaSense using our product APIs to show, not tell our story; providing an exceptional user experience; achieving functional and beautiful website design.
- Curate effective prospect/customer journeys, and leveraging effective attribution, SEO, SEM, paid and organic social, and digital optimization to measure and scale our growth.
- Work with your team to design, implement, test, and continually optimize paid media strategies across existing and new channels to create a cohesive, awe-inspiring prospect and customer experience.
- Manage a team of digital marketers as well as the relationship with our web/digital agency.
- Work with key stakeholders across the business from product marketing, product, sales, and demand gen to advise on opportunities and create new web experiences.
Who you are:
- 8+ years of deep technical web expertise across various CMS platforms. WordPress experience a plus. Dynamic website personalization experience a plus.
- Deep knowledge of web analytics and applications such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics.
- Experience running and owning a paid media strategy across PPC, SEO, and SEM. Working knowledge of marketing automation platforms like Marketo is a plus.
- Experience using APIs to create innovative and conversion-centric web experiences
- At least 3+ years of people management experience including owning the relationship with digital/web agencies.
- Influential leader who values team culture, morale, and building strong relationships.
- You must be a self-starter that strives to create a cohesive website and digital experience using the AlphaSense product and existing demand generation campaigns.
- You are very happy to roll up your sleeves and be involved.
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.