AlphaSense is a search engine for market intelligence that transforms how decisions are made by the world’s leading corporations and financial institutions. Leveraging AI and NLP technology, AlphaSense enables knowledge professionals to extract insights in seconds from thousands of disparate data sources, including company filings, event transcripts, news and trade journals, and equity research. Founded in 2011 and backed by investors including Innovation Endeavors and Soros Fund Management, AlphaSense is on a mission to empower organizations to make data-driven decisions with confidence.
About the Team:
The Data & Analytics team works across AlphaSense to make data an asset for growth. We do that through infrastructure, process, well-modeled and documented data, analysis, and deep partnership with the business. We own and manage the data stack, consisting of Segment, Fivetran, Stitch, Dataform, BigQuery and Looker. In addition to technical leadership, we partner across departments to raise the analytics bar, drive operational improvement, and support growth. Our work spans BI dashboards for business and executive users, ML models for critical business challenges, and data & infrastructure to support our AI engineers.
About the Role:
The Data Governance & Compliance Program Manager will play a critical role in defining and orchestrating the implementation of policies, practices, and technical capabilities both within the Data & Analytics team, but also across the broader company, which will enable AlphaSense’s journey toward a successful IPO. This role will be embedded within a team of data engineers, analysts, and data scientists, but partner widely with other relevant functions across the business (e.g., Finance, Revenue Operations, Legal, Product Engineering, HR, etc.)
Who You Are:
- 5+ years experience in the nexus of data (transactional, reporting, analytics, etc.) and regulation (privacy / GDPR / CCPA, SOX compliance, etc.)
- Experience designing and executing Data Governance and Compliance strategies in complex, global organizations
- Successfully lead cross-functional teams to drive alignment and champion the value of unified, secure, and compliant data and analytics capabilities
- Outstanding relationship and communication skills. Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex technical ideas to diverse audiences
- Experience balancing immediate and short-term needs and delivering results
- Balance of technical knowledge and business acumen
- Ability to manage through ambiguity as well as lead change
- Ability to work across multiple cultures
- Project management best practices
What You’ll Do:
- Drive the design and implementation of a scalable Data Governance and Compliance framework that encompasses key data privacy, regulatory, and financial requirements
- Develop compliance communications, reporting, and training to support the new Data Governance and Compliance framework
- Establish and maintain accurate reporting of risks, issues, and remediation activities to bring appropriate visibility to company leaders and support auditability
- Collaborate across various internal functions to identify and remediate policy gaps in compliance
- Lead the definition of data security policies and standards in conjunction with appropriate controls
- Operate as a thought leader on emerging data compliance risks
- Define and implement escalation criteria and processes to ensure issues and risks are identified and remediated in a timely manner
- Define and empower roles and responsibilities of Data Owners, Data Stewards in managing data risks
- Define and steward ethical standards of data usage that establish boundaries and emphasize transparency
- Research and curate privacy, ethics, and compliance best practices from internal and external sources
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.