AlphaSense is a search engine for market intelligence that transforms how decisions are made by the world’s leading corporations and financial institutions. Leveraging AI and NLP technology, AlphaSense enables knowledge professionals to extract insights in seconds from thousands of disparate data sources, including company filings, event transcripts, news and trade journals, and equity research. Founded in 2011 and backed by investors including Innovation Endeavors and Soros Fund Management, AlphaSense is on a mission to empower organizations to make data-driven decisions with confidence.
About the Team:
The AlphaSense Finance team is responsible for efficiently driving the creation of enterprise value by supporting capital allocation decisions across the business. We exist to help the company make intelligent, data-driven decisions through financial analysis; scenario modeling; tracking, interpreting and disseminating key performance indicators; and by serving as a critical thought partner to senior leadership.
About the Role:
We are looking for a passionate, analytical, high-potential professional to assist in operational finance activities and support the VP of Strategic Finance and Director of FP&A in building out the FP&A function. Collaborating across multiple functions, this individual will possess advanced financial modeling skills and will be relied upon to provide accurate reporting for recurring deliverables as well as firm-wide strategic initiatives and support leadership in building processes that will scale with the company’s growth.
Who You Are:
- Well versed in financial modeling: You have 1-3+ years experience in FP&A, corporate finance, financial strategy/operations, or a closely related field. You possess the ability to identify key model drivers and build 3-statement financial models, as well as operational models to forecast the future with accuracy. You’ve also demonstrated success in having a fundamental understanding of the FP&A process, accounting principles, and how to navigate typical scenarios that come up in managing to budget/forecast.
- Collaborative: You strive to partner across the organization to help add value to the business wherever possible. You are a trusted advisor with exceptional communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial: We’re looking for someone who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment where you may wear multiple hats as a financial model guru, internal consultant, and business strategist.
- Data-driven and Know the Tools of the Trade: You are driven by metrics. Amongst your peers, you’re the Microsoft Excel expert. You know the ins and outs of Excel and can build models and conduct deep analysis. We’re also utilizing Adaptive Insights and Looker -- if you’ve worked with all of these tools, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Do:
- • Maintain ownership of Expense / COGS & Headcount in the company's financial model
• Weekly Headcount reporting through coordination with People Team
• Liaise across Finance regarding management accounting / reconciliation processes
• Create monthly reporting packages
• Expense and COGS forecasting / budgeting
• Board material consolidation
• IPO preparation including S-1 drafting and investor presentations
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.