Content Onboarding Analyst
AlphaSense provides an AI-based search engine for market intelligence, used by the largest and fastest-growing firms globally. Our mission is to curate and semantically index the world’s market and company information, including the vast high-value content sets that traditional web search engines cannot reach. With 1000+ enterprise clients, AlphaSense helps knowledge professionals become dramatically more productive, and gain an information edge by discovering critical data points and trends that others miss.
This role entails building and managing the universe of web content resources that are of a high interest to AlphaSense clients. You will be responsible for the end-to-end process of discovering, onboarding, and monitoring our web content ingestion across multiple business domains. You will also play a key role in shaping our web processing capabilities.
- Perform research to discover new web sources based on the established content onboarding policies.
- Analyze requested web sources to identify content sets that need to be onboarded.
- Configure web crawling/scraping jobs to onboard new content.
- Troubleshoot issues related to content onboarding.
- Maintain existing crawling/scraping jobs to ensure quality content ingestion (define requirements for quality reports, execute quality reports, and adjust web crawling/scraping configuration).
- Provide requirements to our engineering team requesting new capabilities or custom data processing features.
- Define & execute acceptance testing to support development of new content onboarding functionality (admin interface, back-end crawling & scraping capabilities).
- Provide support to Sales, Account Executives, and Product Specialists regarding web content inquiries (via email and Slack).
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Basic understanding of XML, JSON, and CSS.
- 3+ years of unstructured content / data maintenance experience.
- A high aptitude and willingness to learn.
Optional/Strong Plus Qualifications
- Exposure to news aggregation (RSS, newsletters, market updates/reports etc.)
- Experience with crawling job configuration (structured or unstructured data sets) or automated testing tools (e.g. Selenium) is an advantage.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher.
- Afternoon to maximize working time overlap with US time zones (support to Sales & AEs).