AlphaSense is a search engine for market intelligence that transforms how decisions are made by the world’s leading corporations and financial institutions. Leveraging AI and NLP technology, AlphaSense enables knowledge professionals to extract insights in seconds from thousands of disparate data sources, including company filings, event transcripts, news and trade journals, and equity research. Founded in 2011 and backed by investors including Innovation Endeavors and Soros Fund Management, AlphaSense is on a mission to empower organizations to make data-driven decisions with confidence.
About the Team:
The BI & Analytics team works across AlphaSense to make data an asset for growth. We do that through infrastructure, process, well-modeled and documented data, analysis, and deep partnership with the business.
We own and manage the data stack, consisting of Segment, Fivetran, Stitch, Dataform, BigQuery and Looker. In addition to technical leadership, we partner across departments to raise the analytics bar, drive operational improvement, and support growth.
Our work spans BI dashboards for business and exec. users, ML models for retention forecasting, and data & infrastructure to support our AI engineers. We are looking for a curious, collaborative, and high-output data pro to join our team.
About the Role:
We’re looking for someone who thrives in the nuances of data and can translate needs of Product and the business to meaningful stories and insights.
You will be an analytics expert supporting the Product team on:
- Measuring the success of new feature launches
- Understanding our users
- Enabling Product Managers and others self-serve their data needs (via Looker)
- Connecting the dots between user engagement and business value
Who You Are:
- A Subject Matter Expert: You have exceptional data analysis skills and solid business knowledge with the ability to tell stories and provide meaningful insights. You have ~2 years of experience in a hands-on data role, preferably supporting Product.
- Data-analyst: You have advanced technical skills analyzing data (strong SQL skills are a must) with deep curiosity around finding key insights about user behavior.
- Collaborative: You partner well with Product (PMs, designers, developers, leadership) and colleagues in Data/BI to ensure data quality and accessibility, design metrics, build analysis, and share insights.
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in fast-paced environments and can navigate complexity and ambiguity that comes with building a strong data analytics foundation at a high growth start-up.
- Continuous Learner: You have a deep understanding of data analysis and visualization, and keep up to date with industry trends and tools in data and adjacent places (e.g., event tracking tools like Segment, user engagement tools like Intercom, Pendo).
- Proven success building in a modern BI platform (Looker a strong plus), and helping non-analyst users learn to self-serve.
- Experience with transforming data in modeling tools such as dbt, Dataform or LookML, and working with a cloud-based data warehouse (BigQuery/GCP experience a plus)
- Curious and knowledgeable about user behavior, metric design, and what makes a software product successful, especially in the B2B space.
- Proven presentation skills and ability to clearly communicate complicated analyses to non-technical team members and leadership.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with Product on developing data analysis on user behavior and the impact of new features via tools such as Looker, Dataform and BigQuery
- Be the subject matter expert and a resource for the org on all facets of user engagement and product metrics.
- Play a central role in scaling data’s impact at AlphaSense from a technical and enablement perspective, helping PMs and others become skilled Looker users
- Be a key partner in building a high-performing data org by sharing knowledge and creating documentation that helps us scale