AlphaSense provides an AI-based search engine for market intelligence, used by the largest and fastest-growing firms globally. Our mission is to curate and semantically index the world’s market and company information, including the vast high-value content sets that traditional web search engines cannot reach. With 1000+ enterprise clients, AlphaSense helps knowledge professionals become dramatically more productive, and gain an information edge by discovering critical data points and trends that others miss.
We are seeking a passionate Software Engineer to help create the next big thing in data analysis and search solutions.
You will join our team of world-class experts developing the AlphaSense platform. The team is right at the very core of what we do and responsible for implementing the cutting edge technology for scalable, distributed processing of crawling, searching and text processing functions.
The ideal candidate has strong Java skills accompanied by solid experience with working with cloud computing.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline from IITs/NITs/BITS or other Tier I colleges.
- Work experience 3+ years in Java and minimum 1 year experience in Java8.
- Experience with working on GIT, Maven and Spring framework components such as spring boot, spring data etc.
- Strong understanding of RESTful APIs.
- Hands on experience in multi-threading and concurrency.
- Hands-on experience with testing frameworks such as Spock/JUnit, TestNG, Mockito
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills, with a creative and flexible attitude.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Nice to have
- Good Object-Oriented skills (Analysis & Design) and fundamental C.S. skills (Data structures, algorithms, etc.).
- Exposure to Agile development.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms, technologies and operations such as AWS or GCP.
- Experience with Lucene based index/search server, such as Solr/ElasticSearch.
- Experience with working on Gradle and Linux platforms, Dockers, K8s is a plus.