AlphaSense is a search engine for market intelligence that transforms how decisions are made by the world’s leading corporations and financial institutions. Leveraging AI and NLP technology, AlphaSense enables knowledge professionals to extract insights in seconds from thousands of disparate data sources, including company filings, event transcripts, news and trade journals, and equity research. Founded in 2011 and backed by investors including Innovation Endeavors and Soros Fund Management, AlphaSense is on a mission to empower organizations to make data-driven decisions with confidence.
About the Role:
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, driven and accomplished new business sales professional to join our growing Corporate Sales team focused on selling top Fortune 1000 companies. This is an opportunity to join a high growth company and sell an award winning product that is experiencing rapid adoption across all industry verticals. The person in this role will make a significant contribution in the company’s growth and future success.
Who You Are:
- An Accomplished Sales Professional: You understand Sales is both art and science, and clearly can articulate your version of the ‘science of sales’; what activity leads to success and ultimately what you need to do to consistently hit your targets. Whether that is pipeline building, managing a heavy volume of product trials, or spearheading a complex negotiation, you have gained these skills through experience in SaaS sales, preferably focused on financial information and/or research solutions.
- Hard-working and possess a ‘never give up’ attitude: We have a highly motivated team and a winning culture. We look for people who possess a natural tenacity and desire to succeed. You set the example for work ethic, initiative, enthusiasm, and commitment.
- Intellectually Curious: You know the right questions to ask and how to uncover business challenges at all levels of an organization from Analysts to C-level executives.
- Coachable. You will have the opportunity to advance your career through robust training and development programs at AlphaSense. An openness to feedback and desire for constant improvement is key to success here.
- A Strong Communicator: You have the skills necessary to explain complex financial data and concepts to a non-financial audience -- and you are comfortable doing this virtually via video, via phone and/or in writing
- Knowledgeable about the personas we sell into: Our product is sold enterprise-wide, but we have particular success within Corporate Strategy, Market Intelligence, Business Development, M&A, Investor Relations and research-related functions.
What You’ll Do:
- Take responsibility for the end-end sales processes in your territory, targeting corporate intelligence departments.
- Research opportunities, prospect, initiate discussions, build relationships, conduct demos, manage product trials, and most importantly: close deals! This is an end-to-end new business sales role and no task is too small or too large.
- Forecast accurately and develop the necessary pipeline to meet/exceed quota.
- Work closely with our Product Specialist team during trials to ensure client engagement and ultimate purchase.
- Gather and distribute product feedback from clients and prospects to the sales and product teams to help us continually enhance our product offerings.