Kindergarten Paraprofessional, Alpha Instructional Team
Do you believe that all students can achieve academic success? Are you passionate about working with students and helping to change their educational trajectories? Are you a strong collaborator who is excited by the opportunity to support a team in executing their goals?
We are seeking highly motivated, energetic individuals to serve our school as a Kindergarten Paraprofessional. Credentialed ISS who have demonstrated outstanding performance, highly preferred. Kindergarten Paraprofessionals are optimistic, positive, and relentlessly pursue results. Additionally, a strong candidate is empathetic, and believes that all students can achieve. Above all, Kindergarten Paraprofessionals at Alpha are flexible, patient, and care deeply for all students.
If so, a position as a Kinder Para at Alpha may be the role you’re looking for.
What you’ll do…
- Embody the mission, vision and core beliefs of the school
- Teach and enforce school-wide systems, structures, and rules
- Support teachers and administrators in the planning and execution of the academic program including but not limited to: running small group instructional pullouts, conducting assessments, covering classes, planning and executing lessons, and assisting in the day to day operations of the school as needed
- Support classroom teacher in implementation of classroom management plan, behavior intervention plans, and incentive systems.
- Communicate with parents in a productive and proactive manner and abide by hours set by the school
You stand out by being...
- Relationship Oriented: You build strong relationships with scholars and adults alike, and you successfully strike a balance of nurturing and firm in your communication with scholars
- Focused on Growth: You exhibit a strong commitment not only to our students, but also to your own continuous professional development. You possess the ability to implement feedback quickly
- Collaborative: You are especially team-oriented and are able to implement school-wide systems effectively and consistently
- Organized: You are self-motivated and reliable, with the ability to plan and execute on tasks
- Committed: You are committed to working with students in traditionally underserved communities.
- AA Degree, HS Diploma or GED, required
- OR completion of two years of college, not a degree but seventy-two (72) quarter hours or forty-eight (48) semester hours of college credit
- OR a passing score on the Praxis Parapro Assessment Test
- Commitment to continuous professional development and able to apply feedback quickly
- High behavioral expectations and academic expectations for all students
- Team-oriented and able to implement school-wide systems effectively and consistently
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Preferred Qualifications:
- ABA experience
- Previous paraprofessional experience
Join our team…
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter online.
Alpha Public Schools is a network of four high-performing public charter schools founded by a group of East San José mothers dedicated to helping transform their community. We have a strong growth mindset – as individuals, as an organization, and on behalf of our students and families. We want to be better tomorrow than we are today.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds.
Salary is competitive and compensation includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org